Storm Surge

Marc

Here is a new video from Fotowhizz, which shows Storm Surge, and the rest of Amity Cove really well. If you look closely at 4:30 too, you can see a boat get stuck on Storm Surge, where plenty of water is pushing past the boat, I think Thorpe may have just put a few too many of the spinny pads on that section, and it must be prone to stopping the boats. Looks like the other boat just bumps it down in the end.

If this is happening all the time there is clearly not enough water flowing down the slide to keep the boats moving. Possibly because it's pissing out all over the floor from every badly sealed join. It's not falling into a reservoir either, their water bill will be huge this year!

Unless I'm seriously missing where these big leaks are, I didn't see any leaks that aren't perfectly normal for any water tube type ride. :D And when it comes to the boats getting stuck, I'm kind of stuck on that one (no irony intended :) ). One solution I guess would be more water or just increasing the pressure to make the water run faster down (reach more parts of the tube). Only reason I can think that the boats get stuck is boats being slowed down by the dry parts of tubes; I might be wrong but I'm not sure the spin pads can be added or removed and are so I wouldn't think it is a case of Thorpe adding too many to the point it causes boats to stop.

• 2 weeks later...

the queue line water cannons have been removed....

It did make me laugh that when we splashed down, my friends said "we didn't get wet at all" and were begging people in the queue to use the cannons :( Wishful thinking would be they are going to be repaired and put back; when I was there I thinking one had it's handle broken off.

Who said there broken?

Those cannons did look a bit horrid The handle broke off the first week it opened . In march Its very dissapointing that for a water ride you stay dry :rolleyes: I thought was going to be so much better than it is .

*points at Dan*Why else would Thorpe remove them anyways?

Maybe due to the boats flooding, people complaining when there feet get wet, complain when they tip the boats to empty them so getting rid of the biggest contributor to flooding is probably an all round good idea, shame though was fun!

I kinda dissagree which is very unlike me because everytime I've gone the cannons never works and the water was always in the boats maybe from the hoses down drop , but I still don't believe it would get that much in the boats :/ which Is a shame they should use the same cannons as tidal and loggers at close range would be funny .

So now the only way to get wet is getting lucky with the shower or hoping people have money to burn to pay for water canons...Nice one Thorpe, nice one...

Riding Tidal Wave or Loggers Leap sounds like a much easier option then. Better rides, more exciting, wetter.

• 1 month later...

went on for the first time the other week forgot to do a complete ride report, yes, it is horribly mediocre. We only queued 5 minutes and it barely spun, we did get a bit wet by the bit at the end above you, didn't see any guns in the queues and don't know if you had to before but you have to pay for (or they weren't working) for the guns now on the outside of the ride (not the queue) when you head back to the station.

I also noticed a lack of spinning when I went last week, but earlier on in the year it was spinning like crazy! Can only put it down to the pads must have worn which means it doesn't take long for the best part of the ride to fade and I doubt Thorpe will invest in new pads this season - the best idea would be to get some before Fright Nights! But how likely is that... ;)

I also noticed a lack of spinning when I went last week, but earlier on in the year it was spinning like crazy! Can only put it down to the pads must have worn which means it doesn't take long for the best part of the ride to fade and I doubt Thorpe will invest in new pads this season - the best idea would be to get some before Fright Nights! But how likely is that... ;)

Ladbrookes Odds are - A Brazillian to 1 :D

Ladbrookes Odds are - A Brazillian to 1 :D

Love it! :D Another thing about the Surge though, how comes they haven't added any plants or foliage underneath the main structure of the ride?! That area of sand and gravel looks awful and something they really should have thought about. Any more odds on them making that area look better for next season? ;)

I think some pads have been removed rather than them wearing out, hopefully they will replace them though. Also noticed it seems to have some new boats with drainage now too :D