Storm Surge

Marc

Nah storm surge is here to stay for quite a few more years.

Once the park gets more bigger better rides, then hopefully then we'll finally see the back of it.

Problem with Storm surge is that it's in the wrong location and park and would probably be a more favoured addition somewhere like Pleasurewood hills or just back in Legoland Florida.

Storm surge has an okay concept, it is just executed very poorly.

The actual slide is fun but everything else about it has been awfully done.

1. Location; looks absolutely dreadful.

2. Sound; creaks like hell.

3. Appearance of ride; once again looks dreadful.

4. Boats; boats look nice but get your feet completely soaked.

5. Throughput; worst throughput ever and the lift hill is SO SLOW.

General execution; it's been awfully executed, makes a lot of sound and looks dreadful. If I walk underneath it, it will dump a pile of water on me and ruin my day. The rides concept of getting you wet is non-existent as well and the only thing which gets wet is you feet(apart from if you are on your way to X and walk under it).

Why has everyone got such a massive vendetta against Storm Surge! 

It's WAY more than just the fact that it leaks!

It's just been dumped there in the worst place possible, so therefore it stands out like a sore thumb, especially at Colossus which doesn't need a mess of multicoloured plastic hovering above an ancient jungle! The ride experience is pretty dull as well! Personally, I'd have a FAR more fun ride in a tumble dryer.

It's WAY more than just the fact that it leaks!

It's just been dumped there in the worst place possible, so therefore it stands out like a sore thumb, especially at Colossus which doesn't need a mess of multicoloured plastic hovering above an ancient jungle! The ride experience is pretty dull as well! Personally, I'd have a FAR more fun ride in a tumble dryer.

Last time I checked, Storm Surge was not built on top of Colossus. and doesn't obstruct the view within the area.

Because Storm Surge leaks onto people!

Don't walk under it then? Simple? If you stand by the Stealth Shop you get leaked on by Tidal, heck sometimes you even get dripped on when you're in the Stealth Station!

Last time I checked, Storm Surge was not built on top of Colossus. and doesn't obstruct the view within the area.

Don't walk under it then? Simple? If you stand by the Stealth Shop you get leaked on by Tidal, heck sometimes you even get dripped on when you're in the Stealth Station!

Actually I've been hit by water in the eye on the Stealth bunnyhop before!  :lol:

But there's no excuse for a ride to leak as much as Storm Surge does.  Have you seen the puddles on the path, even on a non-rainy day?

Wow, storm surge fan much.

I haven't once said I am a Storm Surge fan, but you're criticising something that is not worth criticising.

Yeah it's not the most photogenic ride to look at, but is Colossus? No... I'm pretty sure if we lit up X's pyramid we would probably have a heart attack at how disgusting it is in there... The fact that it's a little on the ugly side doesn't make the ride any worse. That is like me saying Colossus was boring because it's rusted. 

Actually I've been hit by water in the eye on the Stealth bunnyhop before!  :lol:

But there's no excuse for a ride to leak as much as Storm Surge does.  Have you seen the puddles on the path, even on a non-rainy day?

Sorry, I was blissfully unaware that you could control the water flowing over the side of the chute when there is a heavy boat... (Which by the way the path in question was cornered off towards the end of season to prevent guests getting large quantities of water thrown over them) Most of the water dripping, doesn't even drip onto the path but onto the shrubs below. 

Like I said earlier, don't like it, walk around.

Sorry, I was blissfully unaware that you could control the water flowing over the side of the chute when there is a heavy boat... (Which by the way the path in question was cornered off towards the end of season to prevent guests getting large quantities of water thrown over them) Most of the water dripping, doesn't even drip onto the path but onto the shrubs below. 

Like I said earlier, don't like it, walk around.

I'm on about the constant dripping from the slide, not the water flowing over the chute - although that is a problem as well, I've seen it hit people!  They could put up a barrier to stop it going over the side.