Storm Surge

Marc

• 2 weeks later...

Storm Surge has more theming than Slammer, Rush, Vortex, Detonator, Flying Fish and Samurai.  Granted, some of those rides are more difficult to theme, and Storm Surge has many missed opportunities, but even then, Storm Surge has a clearer identity than many of those rides I'd say...

The thing with Storm Surge is that it was essentially a freebie.  Merlin had it lying around basically, and there was a need for Thorpe to install something a bit more relaxing.  Take into account Octopus Garden didn't fit in and was a waste of space, money and time, and it all just makes sense for Thorpe to stick the ride there.

I'm in no way defending Storm Surge here.  I think it's a ride that stinks of missed opportunities, sticks out like a sore thumb, etc. etc.  The list is as long as you can imagine.  Just feel like it should be criticised for the right reasons! ;)

Storm Surge would work better at Legoland Florida (especially as before the splash battle of Chima they had NO water rides at the park bar Wave Surfer). I think it was the only place they could place Jungle Coaster though (as a lot of the park is still protected official government land) and they wanted that more and fair enough. Thorpe was just unlucky to want a new ride and that to be available.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know what happened to the music that used to play outside Storm Surge?  It was pretty much the only good thing about the ride yet it hasn't played for ages, it used to play in the station and around the queueline.

Also, they really need a water vacuum in the station as the amount of water in the bottom of those rafts is not funny!

why have a vacuum when you can simply just turn the boats over. 

It would be much easier and quicker, they could simply put the vacuum in for a few seconds to get rid of most of the water rather than having to get three/four members of staff to turn the rafts over and back again, which would also slow down the operations of the ride even more than they already are!

Does anyone know what happened to the music that used to play outside Storm Surge?  It was pretty much the only good thing about the ride yet it hasn't played for ages, it used to play in the station and around the queueline.

Also, they really need a water vacuum in the station as the amount of water in the bottom of those rafts is not funny!

It broke. 

It broke. 

I don't recall them ever having one, but if it broke then why wasn't it replaced?  :rolleyes:

They do flip the boats already so I don't see how doing it could slow down operations more. 

They only do it occasionally though, I'm talking about hoovering the rafts every time they come into the station so that there is no water in the bottom of them.

(I was talking about the music)

They did have a vacuum, but only TL's and above where allowed to use it which made it pointless. 

Ah, sorry about that, they should fix that as well though as did actually create a good atmosphere, and surely it's not too much to ask for them to fix a sound system?

Ah, sorry about that, they should fix that as well though as did actually create a good atmosphere, and surely it's not too much to ask for them to fix a sound system?

Would be good for it to get fixed, they have been slowly fixing audio around the park (Colossus and Inferno being the main ones) would be nice to hear storm surge music working again!