MTDP - Flat Rides

Jack R

Question

I know it's very early days, but my friend told me at Annual Pass day yesterday (Sunday 13th March 2011), that one of the new flat rides was to open this year. I highly doubt this is true because of Storm Surge and LC12 but it got me thinking, does anybody know/have any ideas about what the flat rides will be and when they will open? They don't have to be entirely true by the way, just what you would like to see.Thanks, Jack

12 answers to this question

All that Thorpe are getting is storm surge this year and nothing else, May be a new flat ride next year but I highly doubt it because we will be seeing LC12 coming to Thorpe, I think he may of got his ends tied up or maybe he is telling porkies, Ummmm ??

The last suggestion is most probably the correct one, and I would like to see 2 flat rides in 1 year. This add a little extra on the first yearly visit to the Park for me.

Well, Storm Surge is part of the MTDP and is possibly counting as one of those rides (the area that Strom Surge is now on was indicated as a possible area for a flat). Whenever people get asked about what flat they would want at Thorpe next, quite a lot of people say a Top Spin, I know there is one just down the road, but that doesn't mean that Thorpe could not possibly install the 'suspended floorless' version, it looks quite a different ride experience to be honest, and if it was themed anything like Talocan then that would be amazing. Another Huss ride I would like to see at Thorpe (I know this has been mentioned lots before in the past) is a Jump2, yes, the ride is HUGE and some say they can look ugly, but I think the ride experience would suit Thorpe Park well even though I can't see them getting one because of the space it would take up. Can't really think of any more at the moment, but if I could pick a year I think Thorpe will install a flat may be in 2013/2014, most probably the latter.

Not porkies, the MTDP Thorpe Park released only shows the islands and infilling that has been done, and possible locations for flat rides, so the possible areas have been discussed for a flat ride at SOME point in the future. Although the MTDP is hardly anything to go by if you see the differences in the 200-2007 MTDP and what actually was done. So don't expect anything soon.