Chessington World of Adventures - 2011 Meet - 11th April

Sheepie

I'm going to do a report of my time with the group...After meeting with Holly and Ciaran at Clapham we enjoyed the train ride to the park and waited till 10 for everyone else to turn up... Once we entered, the group went to Vampire, but due to the longish looking queue only me, Mark9, Michaela and Rich took on the 30 minute queue, punctuated with poor staff operations... They need to buck up for 3 trains...After the ride, we headed up to the meet at Tomb, with me bumping into Rob Bishop and having a quick natter before rejoining and having the group photo taken...SO ENDS MY GROUP REPORT!!!!:PI'll keep my main report in the Chessie TR topic as it wasn't TECHNICALLY part of the meet, but I can safely say that today was fab, and was soooo much better than opening day was... Brilliant weather, brilliant atmosphere and not as annoying staff interaction...A great birthday trip for John... I'll pester him to put up a report as well...Ohhh, and the Vampire queue <3 "OH HAI MARK!", Holly's random dancing and JAMIE ADAMS :P When's the next Chessie meet happening?For the rest of the Report, head HERE!

The idea of a perfect theme park trip?Awesome people to spend the day with?Good weather?Low queue times?Yeah that was today in a nut shell and the meet for me was a complete success of fun times and excellence. The park itself were excellent hosts with full ride availability, no visible (or seen) ride breakdowns and moderate queue lengths (about 30 minutes max for Vampire). Chessington is for me the perfect park for meet ups. So many rides there are designed for interactivity and groups to enjoy themselves. Monkey Swinger, Dodgems, Tomb Blaster, Buccaneer, Kobra, Runaway Train are all perfect group rides.I just enjoyed the whole trip. My best theme park since Europa Park I'd say. Thanks to Mikey for organizing the meet and on the day itself and Ian for his team leading skills. :P

A big thank you to everyone who attended the meet today. It was a pleasure to help organise a Chessington Meet and I really enjoyed it. Today would not have been possible without Ian's dedication to the community. :PI'll post full meet up highlights when I've had a cuppa and some toast and had chance to actually reflect on the day! :P

Once we entered, the group went to Vampire, but due to the longish looking queue only me, Mark9, Michaela and Rich took on the 30 minute queue, punctuated with poor staff operations... They need to buck up for 3 trains...

We all have to start off somewhere Benin :PAlthough I can't wait for 3 trains - for more reasons than one... :DNice to see a lot of you. Wish I wasnt working yesterday now! Sad times! x

It was a great meet! Mark9 hit the nail on the head about ride interactivity. Having about 15 TPM people on the dodgems was hilarious! My only gripe was people faffing around but I probably noticed this more than others due to being my first time at Chessington and wanting to get as much done as possible. It would have been a lot more noticeable if Ian wasn't organising people as well as he was.