Terror (Forbidden) Tomb

Yes, that's it really. It's quite strange to think that such a punky ride ever existed, in the now so safe, and business driven industry. Imagine Marianne and the gang sitting round a boardroom table coming up with such a ride; it just wouldn't happen. I suppose that's the saddest part of the modern theme park world. Everyone's afraid, nobody is willing to push the boat out. It's all very boring. Damn it, you've made me think.

Anyway, well done. I've enjoyed the episodes. :)

Another well done documentary here.

It's just amazing how much depth and detail went in to this project and such a transformation from the comical 5 dimension to the dark and mysterious terror tomb that happened. Not to mention, that guitar scene looked highly impressive and is a shame it's gone. While most of the scenery remains, it feels very watered down with the lasers in comparison especially considering Tombs was once a favourite (DIC ruined it).

As great as it is, you definitely couldn'tsadly do something like with a dark ride now, as too many would find it offensive on numerous grounds. The ride opening says it all really.

I've been watching the Dark Rides videos, and the terror tomb episode was by far the one I was looking forward to the most, I love this ride.

Absolutely wonderful video, thank you so much for creating it as it is still special to me and to see and hear the ride again is just like releasing the roots of my childhood that have been buried for many many years. The music is magical, and I know we can blow things right out of proportion sometimes but I genuinely believe this ride and everything about it was a masterpiece. I was 7 when I first ride it in 1995 and it was like taking a magical trip into a tomb that was cut off from the world, so real and so believable that it still amazes me to this day just thinking about it. Since it was changed to Tomb Blaster, the charm is not as strong as it used to be and it's not scary anymore, I mostly ride it to pick out the pieces of terror tomb that were left behind. For me, something I would like to keep the most would be a piece of the dancer mummies in the rock scene, as they always stood out to me and were so freaky yet so amazing. Thank you so much for making terror tomb come back to life for even just a short while, it was definately worth it and I will enjoy listening to the audio as well

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...