Hansa Park

Benin

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No matter how much theming they add that thing will always look horrible. What on earth were they thinking.

I'd love to see you design a coaster, I can't imagine it would look any better...

It's not supposed to be beautiful. Karnan is a watch tower. It's a practical building, not a building made to please onlookers. 

People will see that tower and be intimidated, so I don't think Hansa Park care if you think it's ugly tbh.

I use no limits 2 a fair amount and no one with any sense would build a 200ft tower of concrete. There is better ways to intimidate people than annoying any local residents that can see the thing. Something tells me its not too easy to keep themeing in a good condition when your slab of concrete is 200ft tall.

I use no limits 2 a fair amount and no one with any sense would build a 200ft tower of concrete. There is better ways to intimidate people than annoying any local residents that can see the thing. Something tells me its not too easy to keep themeing in a good condition when your slab of concrete is 200ft tall.

Ah yes, a computer simulation game provides the answers to all of life's problems.

The concrete won't be exposed so both of your arguments are pretty much invalid. And if local residents were that annoyed, they wouldn't have allowed them to build Fluch or Karnan. Besides, given the park's location, half of the "local residents" would be fish.

Besides, LC have you seen what they did to the kiddie coaster?

4da8807a597b156e.jpg

KIDDIE COASTER

This will no doubt at least be polished up. It's concerning to think a tower taller then stealth is sitting in such a nice park, but do you honestly think they'd just dump a concrete tower, and leave it there amongst all it's neighbours beauty? Honestly? Whatever they will do to it it'll be impressive, no doubt. They'll probably do something like the tower at efteling.

PS Mystery castle Phantasialand. Ridiculously tall 'concrete slab tower' but look how nicely it was covered up.

PPS can I see some of these NL2 designs? Let's see if you walk as well as you talk.

I mentioned no limits because you asked if I had ever deigned a coaster. It is design software so the answer is yes. Also I never said I was any good, having ideas is one thing, expressing them is another and as I cant be bothered to put in the vast amount of time required my coasters are normally building less.

The watch tower design in my opinion looks bland and a bit of an eye sore. I am fully aware they are not going to leave it as a 260ft slab of concrete, I was just saying that the building would require a lot of work for me to classify it as nice and that it adds to the ride rather than it being what it currently seems like of being a pointless.

^ How does too much effort into theming mean it's not "nice"?

Also, this...

No matter how much theming they add that thing will always look horrible. What on earth were they thinking.

Doesn't mean "Oh it's just my opinion".

I'm thinking you made a silly statement, you got picked up on it, and now you're trying to tone it down?

Saying "What on earth were they thinking" is stating they've made a mistake. That isn't an opinion. 

They haven't made a mistake, they know what they're doing. They're not going to listen to some boy on the internet who thinks "it looks silly and horrible"

I get that you think it's not aesthetically pleasing, but stating that they're wrong for building it is stupid. And that's fact, not my opinion.

This is a coaster due to open in 2015, with all the theming of it due to be completed for 2016.  Making any opinions about the ride's appearance now is, quite frankly, stupid.

I don't like the fact they're doing the whole 'theme it fully a year after it opens' thing (which seems to happen in a couple of German parks?) and at the moment, that tower does not look great.  Let's see what it's like in 18 months time though...

This is a coaster due to open in 2015, with all the theming of it due to be completed for 2016.  Making any opinions about the ride's appearance now is, quite frankly, stupid.

I don't like the fact they're doing the whole 'theme it fully a year after it opens' thing (which seems to happen in a couple of German parks?) and at the moment, that tower does not look great.  Let's see what it's like in 18 months time though...

Hansa first did it with Fluch because they got delayed due to snow and general weather being crap... They've decided it's probably best to do it with the others (Schlange was unfinished when I went in it's opening year) to ensure that there's no worry of the weather being awful again and delaying projects (they are on the north coast)...

As an aside, here's what Fluch's tower looked like during construction:

3273mfa000002qeq3vb000.jpg

Pretty similar situation to now right? Here's the current state of it:

833bg00jmle000003eq83v.jpg

I think that when finished, Karnan will look just as amazing... Besides, they'll probably be painting it over the course of next year...

To call it horrid when it isn't even finished yet and is currently just a slab of concrete is just stupid these are the concept art designs for it

2014_0901_HansaPark_Karnan_Art.jpg

d0612a2e994c385d-karnan.jpg

Very ominous, very intimidating to a member of the GP only seeing a train at the bottom on the tower shooting out at nearly 80 mph, its meant to be mysterious which is why it works well, plus any building themed to old age germanesque architecture is on to a win as it is quite pretty plus by the looks of it, it will be an old stony brown type brick facade which I think looks great.

Also 1 more thing if it looks awful, compare it to something similar like Mystery Castle in Phantasialand

38559.jpg

Its basically a smaller version of what Karnan's building ( this is still over 215ft) will be and I think it looks fantastic and fits well in to a german gothic theme. I think it will look great! :)