Lady GaGa

Holly

Right seeing as people are clashing on the rant topic about Lady Gaga talk, here is a topic for the people who like Lady G to talk in. I know it's separate and all that but it gives other people a chance to talk about new music that's not Lady G. So post away my pretties and have fun. :(No negativity in this topic, it's separate you don't have to click on it so no negative things.

I quite like the Judas video... its safe, but in a good way. It has quite a warm, 'nice' feeling to it, I cant put my finger on it. Loving the sets, they look amazing. As a religious person, I think its a fantastic video and take on the story. I was quite amazed by the wave scene, was that special effects or was Gaga genuinely showered with that much water? Aha. Overall, I really like it, not love it, but its still a good video, not too long and a good concept.

The Catholic League has said that they do not find the JUDAS video to be offensive or crossing the line. They said they actually quite liked the video. I like how the video pays tribute to her boyfriend and the bar they are in, is called the Electric Chapel (another of her BTW songs). I do agree that the video towards the second half, looks a bit chopped up, especially when she has a wave of water cleansing her and she is stoned at the end. I thought that could be expanded a bit.

I thought it was chopped up because this is the short version? I've heard there's a longer version coming out soon :(+ It's awesome you made this topic, I love Gaga!I think the Video is great, IMO her best song since Paparazzi and Alejandro... Marry the night is meant to be the best on the album, can't wait

I want to listen to it so bad but I don't want to spoil the album, I know I can make myself wait!So far I've heardBTWJudasScheiBe (Mugler remix)Government Hooker (Mugler remix... rumoured to be the actual album track too)You and IThats already 5 songs! Must resist listening to any more leaks.

Americano Acoustic Performance:

(Vogue Magazine March 2011)"Another song, Americano, which she describes as like a big mariachi techno-house record, where I am singing about immigration law and gay marriage and all sorts of things that have to do with disenfranchised communities in America, has a resounding Piafesque chorus."Edge of Glory: (RollingStones Magazine)"This one sounds crazy in print -- it's a massive power ballad with heavy club beats that features Clarence Clemons of the E Street Band wailing on his saxophone -- but somehow it all seems totally natural when you actually hear it. There's an element of cheesiness to it, but it's totally captivating and incredibly catchy. If any of these new Gaga tunes demands to be a big fat hit, this is it. The inclusion of Clemons is an inspired touch that amplifies the song's Eighties stadium rock vibe, but his actual performance is amazing and ranks among the best of his career."Hair"...Another inspirational song in the mold of "Born This Way," but it's a bit weirder, mixing the yearning romantic melodrama of Pat Benetar's "We Belong" with the hard industrial metal edge of Broken-era Nine Inch Nails. The lyrics are essentially about embracing one's hairstyle as the ultimate expression of their identity, climaxing with Gaga triumphantly declaring "I am my hair!" in its huge sing along chorus. An anthem for hair salons everywhere."Scheibe"A remixed version of this number was used in a recent runway show by fashion designer Thierry Mugler. The album version doesn't have the same hardcore European house flavor, but it's definitely the tune most likely to bring back memories of early-Nineties dance crossover hits by C&C Music Factory, Snap and RuPaul. The opening of the song -- in which she flatly intones "I don't speak German, but I can if you like" -- is fierce, but the song is saved from being a slight novelty by a soaring chorus that vaguely recalls Survivor's "Eye of the Tiger." Vogue Magazine March 2011 (http://www.vogue.com/magazine/article/lady-gaga-our-lady-of-pop/)Rolling Stone Magazine Feb 2011 (http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/preview-six-songs-from-lady-gagas-born-this-way-20110218)

Gaga is having an iTunes Countdown which basically means promotional songs getting released. Edge of Glory is the first of rumoured two songs to be released on iTunes. The iTunes countdown is being released on Monday.

Ah cool.She's also in England Next weekend, On Friday she's with Graham Norton And Sunday performing at Radio 1's Big weekend, it's also being aired on tv (Not sure of the channel).

A few fan sites had a live stream - don't fret though, recordings will start to filter through today. It's already appearing in segments on YouTube but GagaGlobal claim to have an HD recording of the whole thing which they're uploading soon.

Do we know yet if Government Hooker is going to be the version they played at the fashion show, I've noticed on the special edition they have the Mugler remix of Schiebe but not Government Hooker, that makes me think that the album version will be the version we've already heard. What do others think?

The version of Government Hooker will be the version we have heard. One of the producers said that the Mugler version was a chopped-up preview of the actual song. But in the preview, the lyrics from the verse was missing and they showed a section of the chorus too."I'm gonna drink my tears tonight"....The lyrics are said to be dirty and controversial

Aaah thank you Will, its been annoying me for a while, I get annoyed over little things like that! Thanks for clearing it up.I cant decided whether to buy Edge of Glory tonight or not, I'm so tempted but I really want to wait for the album now...