X

Garyy

• 2 weeks later...

I love the new version and the 2007 season in general so far everything seems so clean and updated maby its just the break between seasons but Thorpe seems to be better.However the lights on the lift hill for X are a bit much and ruin the ride when busy as when another train is on the hill the ride is no longer in the dark as everyone can see where the lift hill is!Still can't complain looks great

• 2 months later...

I found this extract from wikipedia about X:2007 RevampX:\No Way Out closed on Sunday 18th February 2007 and reopened on 17th March 2007 with several modifications.A new queueline video explains that the buidling is a former Technology Research Centre that closed after an unspecified incident occurred. The centre has been reopened for tourists using the old transport shuttles, and that guests should board these for a tour around the centre. The new premise is that the computer controlling the shuttles encounters a critical error as the shuttle departs the station, and the ride experience is the result of the X operating team trying to regain control of the train.Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X:%5C_No_Way_Out"I take it that this is what the new theming for the ride is, and why it now has different music?I am yet to go on the new one, but will very soon I hope

Yeah The revamp of X has made a significant difference. When you board the shuttle ("shuttle X5 is ready for boarding") the gates almost instantly close and you hear a computer like voice saying "critical error detected do not proceed" and then suddenly you're whipped out of the station and up the chain. (because on X you have to admit you dont get a rush out of it and its one of the "wehey lets go on X, we might aswel". So whenever I go on it its a habbit of mine to scream to my hearts content and at the end try to figure out who it was. If you watch the video it has the mad scientist man showing you the X shuttles and telling you about this NEW x technology which can power lots of things. After he finishes the screen says- Recoverd footage- it has some people in special clothing walking up to the station then going beyond the gates and then they shut so they have to board the shuttle. (this is shown in night vision) then it says " end of file" on the screen then it starts flashing the " X:/" sign over and over again.Well Invested money and fun to ride!

• 4 weeks later...

yeah, I know what you mean.the park has changed so much, but it is good that they are still using it on some rides?I think it would look odd if they changed all logo's on every ride to the new logo.it works well, because X is an old ride and was around when that logo was designed, so it seems fitting that they keep it!