X

Garyy

Love hearing that X is playing some proper edm music now, still they could use there own music on the playlist as that was pretty good. They need to play some trance and Knife Party maybe Skrillex and all other edm (More SHM), Defiantly need to play Sandstorm! Cant wait to ride it now they have updated it looking forward to the rave :D

Love hearing that X is playing some proper edm music now, still they could use there own music on the playlist as that was pretty good. They need to play some trance and Knife Party maybe Skrillex and all other edm (More SHM), Defiantly need to play Sandstorm! Cant wait to ride it now they have updated it looking forward to the rave :D

I could've sworn I heard Sandstorm being played while I was on it earlier in the month. Also heard parts of Pendulum's The Island being played several times, which made me happy, pretty much some of the only EDM I like.

I could've sworn I heard Sandstorm being played while I was on it earlier in the month. Also heard parts of Pendulum's The Island being played several times, which made me happy, pretty much some of the only EDM I like.

they are both remixes but yes I have heard them playing while waiting for the ride and some of the most reconisable dance music out there!

• 2 weeks later...

Went on this ride today, I must admit the new baggage area is something I dont understand as since the ride always has queues the old one was ideal as people were already waiting there, the baggage room itself looks like an unlit cupboard with the collection point being a tiny hole in the wall. Besides that I loved what they've done to the ride, the new lighting layout is fantastic and the laser behind you on the lifthill creates a really good effect. One other point is that there is one track on their playlist that seemed to last about 10 minutes that was just a continuous beat, at first it was good but after a coupla minutes it was just irritating; luckily it changed when I got on!

I think the reason the bag drop has been changed was due to the fact that empty trains were being sent round while there was still a long queue outside. People were waiting to put their bags in while there was no one in the station. With it now at the entrance, the queue has a constant flow meaning it can achieve its maximum throughput when it's busy. Correct me if I'm wrong here?

As for X itself, I pretty much love everything about it. The music and lights are absolutely brilliant and I would only make the track longer as an improvement(if that was even possible!). I don't know how but when I get off I feel like the lights and the darkness have made me very dizzy somehow :o

Anyway it is a great ride and I really appreciate all the work put into it!

Maybe it was a smart 'test of the market', if they hadn't tested the lighting improvements we may not of seen the new story of 'X' nowadays.

I was talking about having X No Way Out with the emergency evacuation lights on back in 2010, which had nothing to do with the development of X.

I was talking about having X No Way Out with the emergency evacuation lights on back in 2010, which had nothing to do with the development of X.

And where is your proof? They may have planning and developing different ideas for years, who are you to say when they started planning this.

And where is your proof? They may have planning and developing different ideas for years, who are you to say when they started planning this.

Well, what's operating a roller coaster with evacuation lights on got to do with lasers?

I'm not talking about the LED lights that were added over one of the stops, I'm talking about when they ran the ride in the light (not effects, just bright evac lights) on.

How could that be related, as with the lasers it's not that light?

I guess the idea could be to see if guests preferred the idea of riding with lighting inside the pyramid or not.

Regardless of what type of lights they use, using lights would create a different atmosphere, and the park may well have planned to use the 2010 idea as a tester to see if that atmosphere would be well-received.

But alas, we'll probably never know, so let's not worry about it all, ey?

So, I rode on the new X for the first time yesterday...I have to admit...I love it this way. I particularly liked the use of the laser projection on the lift hill :) I can only really sum it up as a nightclub on a track. I never used to re-ride this when it was 'No Way Out', but I rode it a few times yesterday.
Only a few things got to me about it really -

1) The queue is stupidly long although, I'm not sure if they could really shorten it by much without causing too much hassle.

2) The gaping hole where the old baggage hold area used to be. Probably could've been covered up or kept in use maybe?
3) I personally think that as great as this overhaul has been for X, it needs to be thrown out there a bit more. I was asked twice, whilst outside it - "Is this ride closed or open?". It seems like no-one knows that it even exists, and part of me feels Storm Surge looming over it doesn't help!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The whole thing with the baggage was very awkward on Sunday. We were sort've standing at the baggage area at the entrance for a while only to discover it wasn't being used. There also seemed to be a bit of a backlog at the other one though and they were making various announcements telling groups to allocate one person to take the bags- unless it's a new thing they're trying to make things easier(?)

Although, when I went back in April they were using the bagging area at the entrance. Albeit the park was considerably empty then so maybe the alternate it to correspond with how busy or quiet the park is.