X

Garyy

I doubt this had anything to do with it but I emailed Thorpe Park about a few problems back when I went on the preview day, The I'm a Celeb Music in Inferno's queue and the music being far too quiet inside the pyramid on X and now they've fixed them both! Either Thorpe Park have really decided to put the effort into listening and responding to feedback or it just happened to line up with their improvement works! (most likely)

Out of interest does anyone know if they've added more speakers or anything inside the pyramid to make it louder? And is it deafening loud like it used to be (that's the way I like it!) :P

There was some amazing music playing on X Saturday, however it seems like all the speakers in the actual ride are in the middle, you get quiet spots which ruins the sound consistency, it seems like there should be speakers dotted all around, noticed a few more logos and things in the queue which all bring it up a little bit, also there's a new bright sign on the final brake run before entering offload that lights up and says something like "please remain seated" assuming people have tried or something I don't know

I was not impressed with X. A lot of the lights were broken in the queue. The music was better and louder in the queue than on the ride. I was expecting some special effects on the ride and was kind of disappointed to find it's literally a small rollercoaster in an empty warehouse. There was a strip of lights just curled up randomly on the floor like some old christmas lights. Not impressed!

7 hours ago, Stuntman707 said:

I was not impressed with X. A lot of the lights were broken in the queue. The music was better and louder in the queue than on the ride. I was expecting some special effects on the ride and was kind of disappointed to find it's literally a small rollercoaster in an empty warehouse. There was a strip of lights just curled up randomly on the floor like some old christmas lights. Not impressed!

Sounds like someone forgot to turn the lights on in the pyramid! :P 

Loved the improvements on X today, music in the queue is a lot louder and I love the new playlist, the new announcements are pretty good as well. 

However on the ride it sounded really bad, It will really muffled and just sounded awful.

X was absolutely terrible yesterday :/ Went on for the first go around 11ish and the music in the queue was pretty quiet and not that loud but when the ride actually begun it was even worst! You literally couldn't hear anything it sound like the volume was on 1 :/ Very disappointing and made me look like a mug in front my mates as I said how much of a good ride it is with the music. I thought maybe cause its early that why it might be quiet but well I was wrong! Went in again around 3 and the queue music was abit louder not by much and the music in the ride itself was turned up by like 2 percent so still pretty quiet and disappointing. Iv heard it louder during Fright Nights so that's saying something lol 

For the new playlist and announcements I'm not really a big fan of it,I feel the new playlist aint really mixed that well and doesn't contain as much songs as last year :( If they kept last years playlist and added on to it with some new songs and had it mixed well it would sound amazing! For the announcements I just feel they ruin the experience of the ride, like the way they randomly cut into the music ruins the atmosphere for the ride. I'm happy the announcements actually sound alright and not tacky but still X would be better without them in my opinion. 

Well enough with the hating and some positive stuff lol I love how they have put the vinyl around the attraction and new X's on the walls its nice to see it updated a little!

Yesterday the actual playlist itself was brilliant, some really good music, the lights inside the pyramid were also pretty impressive, lots of lasers smoke and strobes etc. However the music in the queue was quiet with a dead spot in the black section before the small incline criss cross bit. The music in the pyramid itself might as well have not been playing.

X is going to be closed for a few days Thorpe have said via twitter due to essential maintenance, this could be to sort out the sound issues that have been talked about or maybe something to do with the ghost train, either way I&#39;m disappointed to not get X in my yearly trip <_< may have to go twice this year.....   

1 hour ago, HeavyMetalPirate said:

X is going to be closed for a few days Thorpe have said via twitter due to essential maintenance, this could be to sort out the sound issues that have been talked about or maybe something to do with the ghost train, either way I&#39;m disappointed to not get X in my yearly trip <_< may have to go twice this year.....   

Let's hope they find the third train during this closure!

• 2 weeks later...