X

Garyy

• 1 month later...
Guest Up, Up and Away

When you hand in your bags inside the pyramid they give you a number so you can claim your bag back after the ride. My girlfreind done this and whilst we were on the ride (She was sh** scared - the most she can normally handle is Loggers) she lost the neclace with the number on. The ride was closed for about an hour and I have'nt stopped teasing her about this. I have tried to get her to go on other rides. She did Tidal but nothing else more extreme. I don't mind though because I just use the single rider que instead!As for X. Its ok but not in the same class as the other coasters at Thorpe. :D

Nothing special about it, nothing wrong with it.The theming and overall ride expearience is odd, and can leave you feeling distorted. All it needs is a touch of paint, and new theming inside, and it will be as good as new!Personally, I think it should be themed into the lost city area, because a huge red and blue building sticks out like a saw thumb. Makes it look really tacky and old. The old inside q line should be back, with Air Con, and interactive things to do.Or, they could reconstruct the whole inside of the building, including the track. To make it new and fresh as it was RMC that made it the way it is. Tussauds can do this, I dont see why they dont. As the ride q's are often 5-10mins long, it seems a waste when it can be made into something great.

• 2 months later...

They should have stuck to that idea as I fell the fact that theme parks have replaced all the Haunted houses with other rides. Although maybe if it were to become a Haunted House it could have the laser game like Duel or Tomb Blaster as they are really fun.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes same I hate the lazer games and I still think that they should keep the piramid but change the coaster to a spinning coaster like dragons fury and spinball whizzer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If You Go On The Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast at euro Disney that is Quite Good As You Control The Spin of the cars,Also The MIB Ride In Universal Studios Orlando Is Good, As if You Shoot Another car it will spin around.One Of These Kind's of Rides Would Be Great In X:\ Especially if they make it Well Themed inside and Fast almost Rollercoaster Like

xnwo looks brill in the light, I got stuck on it yesterday and got evacuated through the fire exit. it stopped on the first brake segment after the lift hill

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats what happened to me once. Tis fun.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Being evacuated must be awesome.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I Was So Annoyed, As Me And my freind Went on X:\ And When We Got Off The Other side We Found Out Their Was Some Problem And Had To Wait Ages For The Rest Of our Group To Come Through :):(:mellow: I Once Saw Sheikra, BG Tampa, Being Evacuated and it scared The Poo out of one of the people I was with, as they were afraid of heights

it was really fun cos we were in darkness on the first brake segment after the hill and were right at the top. its suprising how high it is when ur in there. it looks higher than it actualy is. I got 3 priority passes from xnwo on thursday lol and 1 from complaining and exchanging my old photocopied priority pass for a new 1 lol we were taken out the fire exit that opena at the station enterance to Colossus n then we had to walk all the way around but got lost and ended up in the closed of areas of the park in ranger count and I touched slappers top was amazing

I think it sucks tbh, its not that thrilling, all you do is go round the track at a slow speed backwards in the dark. its thrilling as octopus gardens.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Take that back!! Lol I'm kidding everyones intitled to their own opinion. Dont agree though, actually it sounded like sarcasm when you it goes round the track backwards in the dark :mellow:.

• 2 weeks later...

Haha, that's cool I know alot of people who like this ride more because of the gimmick of it rather than the ride experience itself! I always feel this ride could have been awesome but it was kinda waisted when they decided to put all those braking points in. The drops should have been much larger and they should have put a loop in or something! Perhaps they'll do that if the rumours of a revamp come true!? :huh:;)

• 3 weeks later...

I have to say that the improvements made were outstanding. The amount of excitement that a few cooured lights has conjured up within me is unbelieveable.The new audio is amazing, and themed! :)I'd just like to thank the rides department for doing such an amzing job, you have tranformed this ride into something alot better than it was.I'd really like to see minimal changes every year- like what they were doing previously. That would be really quite cool XD

X:/ is looking brilliant. I must say - despite the budget pre-ride video, they have pulled it off well. Loving the new audio and lighting and the new air cool system works nicely aswell. Its simple but effective - I felt like I came out of an actuall ride as opposed to a forgotten mess of corriors and track.Great job and considering that the lack of major funding and a quite inflexible building its very good. and the last block section actually scared me big time, the inside of the ride is creepy.