X

Garyy

I agree a retheme would be a waste of time, don't you guys remember they "upgraded" it in 2007 and added a story, what part of the story has stuck? Absolutely none! Even its soundtrack is practically none existent now, it plays music in one tiny stretch of the corridor.

What part of the story has stuck, GIANT BATTERY!A retheme is good. Wait a second.You seriously think that having the X how it is, with the lights on, destroying the entire point of a dark backwards rollercoaster is best for it. :)

I agree a retheme would be a waste of time, don't you guys remember they "upgraded" it in 2007 and added a story, what part of the story has stuck? Absolutely none! Even its soundtrack is practically none existent now, it plays music in one tiny stretch of the corridor.

What part of the story has stuck, GIANT BATTERY!A retheme is good. Wait a second.You seriously think that having the X how it is, with the lights on, destroying the entire point of a dark backwards rollercoaster is best for it. :)

X desperately needs a retheme. A full blown, spectacular "new ride" "new theme" retheme. Adding a video and music that got turned off after a year is not a retheme.The robots/computer setting needs to be drastically developed. The indoor queueline has massive potential, and there is quite enough room on ride to build sets and effects. The only way I can see this being loved is as a dark ride/coaster mix, like Revenge of the Mummy at Universal Studios. No work needs to be done on the actual ride, since it works fine doesn't it? And then all the budget can be spent on effects (proper visual effects, not just fans and mist), lighting, set design, theming.That is what I think X needs. Whenever I see all those people lining up for it expecting a great coaster in the dark, I feel sorry for them. Because the ride on the inside is a terrible waste of all this potential for something good. Please Thorpe Park, X No Way Out could be a really cool and unique ride experience, but it is not loved. Don't let it rot.

The whole "lights on" thing is great for one ride, especially for fanboys it can be quite interesting. But after that, I agree it completely defeats the ride's brief which is a backwards IN THE DARK roller coaster. If they leave the lights on for much longer they'll have to change signage etc.

No, it doesn't 'deaperately' need a retheme. Judging by your posts, X may well be older than yourselves, henceforth why a retheming it is an utterly pointless task. Nothing needs 'drastic' developing. Whats the point in spending thousands, even millions developing a ride you might not even have in the near future? Especially when the majority of people visiting the park are aware of it's age. It's a reminder of Thorpe Park's past, that's what makes it so special.

Judging by your posts, X may well be older than yourselves, henceforth why a retheming it is an utterly pointless task.

What difference does it make if a bad ride is older than its target audience? I have never come across anybody who says X No Way Out is a good ride. Fun sometimes to ride with friends, yes, but a good ride, no. And it is an absolute shambles in every aspect. From the sound of it, the ride always has at least 'average'.

Whats the point in spending thousands, even millions developing a ride you might not even have in the near future?

If it was rethemed properly into a a new and impressing ride then why would it be removed in the near future? The building is hardly in need of demolision and the coaster itself is fine as far as I know. Why leave the concept to die and get worse if you can spend money to make a good ride instead? Like I have said, there is massive potential throughout.If we are all brutally frank, X No Way Out is currently a confusing mess that disappoints probably everybody who rides it. Saying it's "special" or "fun to have a laugh on" does not cover up the fact that it is itself a bad ride. I love it, I am the one who persuades my group to go on it even if the queue is not worth it. I love it. But I still don't pretend that it is actually a waste of what could be done. As if it couldn't be worse, turning the lights on just rubs it in. It is screaming for a big change. I mean... this is X No Way Out for goodness sake! :lol: PS Sorry if I am appearing arrogant or missing your point. :blink:

The whole "lights on" thing is great for one ride, especially for fanboys it can be quite interesting. But after that, I agree it completely defeats the ride's brief which is a backwards IN THE DARK roller coaster. If they leave the lights on for much longer they'll have to change signage etc.

I agree, I found it great just because ive always wanted to see it with its lights on, but for people who dont regually visit it must ruin the ride, as its meant to be 'the worlds first backwards in the dark coaster'last time I was in the queue I heard people behind me compaining about it, saying 'whats the point in having the lights on when its meant to be a dark ride'

I was talking to my hairdresser the other day, and he mentioned thorpe park and X.. and asked why the lights were on, making it completely pointless to ride.And he's just a general member of public, so I can only presume most people think the same :D. It's ****!

X desperately needs a retheme. A full blown, spectacular "new ride" "new theme" retheme. Adding a video and music that got turned off after a year is not a retheme.The robots/computer setting needs to be drastically developed. The indoor queueline has massive potential, and there is quite enough room on ride to build sets and effects. The only way I can see this being loved is as a dark ride/coaster mix, like Revenge of the Mummy at Universal Studios. No work needs to be done on the actual ride, since it works fine doesn't it? And then all the budget can be spent on effects (proper visual effects, not just fans and mist), lighting, set design, theming.That is what I think X needs. Whenever I see all those people lining up for it expecting a great coaster in the dark, I feel sorry for them. Because the ride on the inside is a terrible waste of all this potential for something good. Please Thorpe Park, X No Way Out could be a really cool and unique ride experience, but it is not loved. Don't let it rot.

I feel x needs to have effects such as compressed air in the indoor queue and I feel mainly storbes need to be put in the main ride, the x queue has great potential for halloween as well I feel.

• 3 weeks later...

Probably not as it is quite close to Se7en, maybe a special walkway. Yesterday I went on X and I actually love it wth the lights on. It is so nice to see the building and how big it actually is. The stops were wuite good as you could see the robot and mist and fans.And when it went foward it seemed scarier.Also if anyone on here was working in the bag room near the end of the day. I'm the boy who kept saying huh when you said no english or whatever. That was the weirdest conversation ever. We kept saying that the rest of the day :) Oh and if you dont remember then you also spoke to the boys who were waiting for me.

• 2 weeks later...