My Genuine Thorpe Park Sign :)

Geo

Do you want one?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to own this?

Hello, as my first post I bring you this :blush:As I'm a teenager that knows alot more about rollercoasters than most of the people I know (I'm not bragging, I swear) I thought about owning abit of thorpe park, so I came accross this sign on ebay, seller told me he had done some work there and they let him take it :)Now everyday I look at it, I can imagine my dream job. .. . Rollercoaster operator lol I joke although I would love to do it.Here it is, its abit beaten up but hey, do you know what year the logos from?Posted ImageThanks Guys :blush:

These are the rail signs from Staines Train Station, guessing the year is between 2004-2007

Hi ian, really? I though I had a piece of thorpe park. I was just reading your profile, how did you get into ride operating? What qualifications do you need, and is there a laddder you have to work through to get to ride op?Your sure there rail signs?cheers

They are indeed railway signs. They used to be under the station name for "Staines"; informing people that it was the station they needed to get off at.As far as working at the parks, I'd keep checking The Merlin Careers page, here. It's a pretty orgasmic site and will provide you with lots of information about all of the possible jobs on offer across the company. Quick tip- if you click on the specific attraction you're interested in, they often list jobs there that don't always appear on the main vacancy page.Welcome to the forums btw; always nice to have new members. Enjoy your stay with us! :blush:

Didn't you just nick the sign? They'd been rotting away just behind a building in the station. :|

No I didnt just nick the sign, eBay LinkI wish I had not botherd now, so if theres a few why havent people taken them? Dam! I thought I had a piece of thorpe park :@Thanks for the replys and dont accuse tidal rave!!!

Not accusing! Just saying, I would've just nicked one if I wanted too. I feel bad they seemed to have conned you a bit seeing as they got it for free! :/

Fair enough :blush: I honestly didnt know it was from a train station, still it looks good on my desk, where no doubt my freinds willl see it and ill give them a bogus story :)Are they still there? Just out of intrest?Cheers for the answers, I'm intreegd (cannot spell today)

I have no idea if there are any still there! I haven't been to Staines station since Thorpe AP day, and don't even know if they were there then?If someone took one they most likely took them all!

True, the bloke I spoke to on ebay, seemed to think he took one when he did some work up there. Not sure if he took it because he found it or he took them down. Anyway thanks for your help

Yeah they weren't really accessible, behind a large fence and building so that would make sense! Still cool though. :blush:

One more thing Tidal Rave, since you may have seen these before, you wouldnt know what the white marks are on it do ya? Not the scratches but the faint white sploges. It is eather sun faded, chemical abrasion or spray paint. in which case ill try to get the paint off?Cheeers mate, you've been a big help!

One more thing Tidal Rave, since you may have seen these before, you wouldnt know what the white marks are on it do ya? Not the scratches but the faint white sploges. It is eather sun faded, chemical abrasion or spray paint. in which case ill try to get the paint off?Cheeers mate, you've been a big help!

Welcome to the forum :blush: nice looking sign . I agree with seeing one at the station many years ago ;) But still great looking sign :) The White splotches on sign could be bird poop lol

No idea what they are but they're not paint, they must be some form of erosion or general signs of dereliction as the scratches are.

Yes there not bird poop, I have given them a thorough clean. I looks like paint, but you cannot feel any surface to it, so it most proberly is some form of erosion. I'm glad you said that as I nearly took white spirit to it earlier.Ill just leave it as it is is knowone has any ideas, I suppose it adds to its character.Thanks

Yes there not bird poop, I have given them a thorough clean. I looks like paint, but you cannot feel any surface to it, so it most proberly is some form of erosion. I'm glad you said that as I nearly took white spirit to it earlier.Ill just leave it as it is is knowone has any ideas, I suppose it adds to its character.Thanks

Was a joke lol but is there any chance you can take close up Picture I'm a dab hand in paints :blush: and can see if it's line marker for roads :)

Was a joke lol but is there any chance you can take close up Picture I'm a dab hand in paints :blush: and can see if it's line marker for roads :)

I realised that once id posted ;) Yes sure, I'm really gratefull.Heres a zip file containing three photos ( ididnt want to post because my iphone takes huge photos and I want you to see the full res) DOWNLOAD HEREThanks mate! :DEDIT:As I said, theres no surface to it what so ever, although upon close inspection, you can see the background behind it slightly :)I'm worried that what ever will get the paint off will do away with the sticker too Thanks

Only on TPM would we be analysing signs for the cause of their wear and tear.We must uncover the truth!LC12.net. ;)

haha yes, what a great forum!

I'm sure White spirit won't harm it :blush: can't see pics using safari and won't load :D but I've White spirited loads of stickers and is fine but only use little bit at a time :)

Just for your viewing pleasure ill link them here :D1 http://i55.tinypic.com/15vexc.jpg2 http://i51.tinypic.com/24fmxvm.jpg3 http://i52.tinypic.com/30k6l2t.jpgThanks

Getting into ride operating is very easy - apply for Ride Hosts jobs and if they think you're the right person and strong to lead a platforming team, then you'll be made up to that position.I've operated for 5 months before moving up to Team Leader - I operate occasionally but it really does depend what ride it is, and your work ethic - if you're enthusiastic, confident on the PA then you will absolutely love it!

Getting into ride operating is very easy - apply for Ride Hosts jobs and if they think you're the right person and strong to lead a platforming team, then you'll be made up to that position.I've operated for 5 months before moving up to Team Leader - I operate occasionally but it really does depend what ride it is, and your work ethic - if you're enthusiastic, confident on the PA then you will absolutely love it!

Brilliant information, many thanks for your reply :blush:

Took this photo when I saw the signs abandoned at Staines station.Look a bit tatty at this point and this was in 2009Signs

Really appreciate that, although they look in 10x better condition than my one :DShame there not still there, still I might clean my one up soon!!