Chessington Trip Reports

• 2 weeks later...

Chessington was pritty cool today! Quiet like normal =] Qs I think peeked with fury 40, pritty much everything else walkon..Carrying on with the recent trend of breakdown discussions on the site I honestly don't see how people complain about thorpe.. today I know of Fury AT LEAST 3 shut-downs, bubbleworks, skyway and rattlesnake all atleast once..

How many rides were closed all day Marc ;) Also I'm not really allowed to discuss rattlesnake.. I'll just say some staff need a slap in the face. ;) Also you know exactly why Skyway doesn't work in the rain unless you want to be on one that collides with another.

• 5 weeks later...

went to chessie today, had a great day except dragon falls was shut all day. vampire x 2 (second time at the front :P ) hahatomb blaster x 1 (bolder wasent working :( )dragons fury x 2billy's whizzer x 1bash street bus (all to ourselfs) haharattlesnake x 2black buccaner x 1and I think that was it....pro's: great day with no shutdowns half way through the day or anything annoying like that, I think they have added new lighting effects to vampire, quite a nice touch I thought, but nothing special,good queue times for everything, longest on fury about 40 mins at peak time and fury was very realiable :P haha, and I genrually had a gd day! oh ye and we were offered free fastrack tickets but my annoying friend said no,grrrrrrrrr!con's: landscaping of dragons fury queue is now a mess in my opinon and they need to get the auido sorted out (have those speakers up the lift hills and brake sections ever worked?!) tomb blaster, not all effects working audio a bit of a mess but I guess it was ok, ah yes and later on in the day the water on billy whizzer wasent working but hey, and the speakers round there are in a terrible state (I seem like I'm speaker obsessed) there was one litteraly hanging from the wire, deary me!so ye, all in all a rather fun day :P (has anyone ever been tricked by that water drinking fountain where you press the button but instead a load of water spays from the ceiling, its very cool! And I was chased by one of those people dressed up as a beano charecter, scary stuff!) lols

• 1 month later...

Here are some of the photos from our Park Preview trip to Chessington. Was a totally amazing day, far exceeded my expectations. We got so many cool benefits on this trip it made it so worthwhile, I wanna go again! <_< Enjoy the photos...Posted Image Yay, we're heading in the right direction...Posted Image Wohoo, we've arrived at the gate! But it's only 9 o'clock and the park doesn't open till 10...Posted Image Never mind, we've been let in by the kind people of Chessignton at 9:30am!Posted Image This is what I like to see, no queue and an empty park just for usPosted Image Straight to Vampire for our 30 minute ERT session. This was so awesome! 2 trains, and only 4 of us, I lost count of how many times we rode Vampire Posted Image Looking up the lift hill from the station Posted Image An empty train, all for us!!!! Posted Image The new Vekoma seats/trains on Vampire are quite comfortable Posted Image Purple seatage Posted Image Looking down the lift hill from at the top of the first lift.

Posted Image From the top of the lift hill again, here's one of the many trains that they sent out empty while we were up here... Posted Image Looking the other way towards the first drop Posted Image Here you can just see the ride ops blue top, this guy was a legend! Posted Image Motion shot of the Vampire coming out of the best part of the ride, under the tunnel Posted Image Same position, this time later on in the day and with riders on board - hey, get off our ride, lol. Posted Image The monorail, pretty empty all day and we just shouted at people below and filmed some strange POV shots - watch the video... Posted Image I really wanted to go on these but despite being in the queue line once we never got to ride as the ride op was split between 2 rides and she was taking agesPosted Image Me and Geraintl actually queued to ride this bouncy ride, but when we saw how lame it was we soon left the queue line. lol Posted Image Ah scary dragon, where did you appear from? Posted Image Nicely themed childrens adventure area

Posted Image Rameses Revenge. Me and Geraintl went on this twice. On the second go Geraintl told the ride op to put it on the most insane setting they have. It was much better than the first go. Posted Image Erm, Trail of the Kings Posted Image Nice house, wonder if they'd accept an offer Posted Image The Black Buccaneer, one of the ride ops that we got chatting to was operating this so we got a queue jump and got to see the controls and the magic 'go faster super button' Posted Image Loads of kids on it now, shouldn't they be at school? Posted Image Dragon's Fury, a great ride but for some reason we only managed to get 2 photos of it. Loads of video but only 2 stills? Posted Image Dragon's Fury - Look it's empty, why? Because it's broken of course. Posted Image Rattlesnake, what a totally cool ride, especially when you get a whole car to yourself, lol. Posted Image The top section is a bit painful

Posted Image In the station, with a DJ behind. Oh no wait, sorry that's the ride op. Posted Image The lift hill. Posted Image Hello...Posted Image Mmmm, tasty rabbit I've got here. Posted Image You can't actually tell from this photo but we've just got off Rameses and are rather moist! Posted Image Zooming out a little you can see the huge queue time, they were like this all day! Posted Image Thanks MTV for pimping my ride! Posted Image Sorry Gemma, you're not tall enough to ride Griffin's Galleon, and even if you were there's no ride op to be seen anywhere round here! Posted Image You won't be smiling when that statue spits water at you in a minute...

Posted Image This is how people normally see me on these trips... Posted Image Geraintl and Gemma - Gemma has wet legs. Posted Image MichellePosted Image MePosted Image Extreme close up, GeraintlPosted Image I'm loving it here, what an amazing day! Posted Image Group photo, the person that took the photo said "say something cheesie like Chessington", it worked. Posted Image This actually looks quite strange. Posted Image Mardy, Geraintl and Gemma, all smiles after a quality day at Chessignton.Posted ImageGemma, Geraintl, Mardy and Michelle at the gate ready to go home after an amazing day!.

Seems like you had a cool day at the park, when did you visit and who was the operator which took you up the lift etc. :DAnd lol .. Lee in your video at Buccaneer giving you Priority Passes :P "this is the fastest it can go"Oh well, at least you had a good day. :P you're video once again brang out the good bits about the park and I agree that at Chessington when I was a guest I used to feel alot more well treated by the staff than at any other park <_<

Aww, I had a really good day at Chessington today!Basically I've decided that I'm now going to do both Chessie and Thorpe and just worry about the money I've spent afterwards, besides, I've worked bloody hard these last 7 weeks so I deserve a treat tbh!!Anyways, I don't see how any of this is relevant, so I'll just give you a brief run through of the day.I went today with my boyfriend Jay, and my compulsive liar friend James ( or Lames as me and Jay like to call him), and yes, a good day had by all.THE END.Oh god sorry, in a weird mood tonight. lol.Moving on, overall, I really like and appreciate the effort the park have gone through to put on this event. I especially loved the witch actor near Hocous Pocous Hall who was extremely effective.Ok, I'm going to seem extremely pathetic, but I was actually too scared about going into HPH: Bewitched, for some unknown reason. I dread to think what I'm going to be like with the mazes at Thorpe on Saturday. Chessington provided a great atmosphere with lots of smoke on various rides, especially with Rameses Revenge; looked so effective!The atmosphere was also aided by lots of fine rain and mist throughout the day, which injected so much magic, it actually gave me chills.I also loved the flickering lights that were used in the Rattlesnake "barn" thingies during the queueline, that freaked me out alot- again will cack myself come next Saturday!One thing I'd like to see for next year is the themeing actually expanded on though, as it just seemes to be very similar each year, not that that is a bad thing, but some new bits would be amazing. Basically this whole post is a mish mash of points because I'm extremely tireed.Niight!

For the record, thats not me!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ohh rly? Sounds abit like you to me! :(.I went yesterday. It was most awsaumees. I especially liked Rameses, Vampire and Rattlesnake yesterday. Fury was awsaume too like it always is :(. Too Tired to do a full one but I rode lotsa stuff.Rameses -8Fury, RMT -4Lots of other stuff I did too I did 1 or 2 times but cba to put it all up.Twas very Good! :(EDIT: Also went to thorpe for a couple of hours at the end when chessie closed and did stuff like Rush and Slammer and Stealth etc etc.EDIT: Might have been Monday I went. Too tired to think, sleep soon..

Runaway Train BABY. Omg that is the best ride to operate ever. Although I had a few problems pakring it today.. so dark barely saw the line. Although we played a trick where we stopped the train in the tunnel and pretended it had broken... then sped it off again. woooo!Glad you rode it 4 times, it reeks of awesomeness!

Had a good day at chessington yesterday, but alot of it made me walk away and think what a joke.I&#39;m not sure who it is down to be it engenners, ride staff or TL's but I was just stunned at some of the stuff I saw today, at fury. We had just rode it, it stoped like normal at end of break run but then broke down, fair enough.. after about 5 minutes we advanced to transfer.. atlast some movement, then a minute or so after that we start to move agian.. but hang on there's another car there *bang*. Whilst I&#39;m not trying to say it was a particularly hard bang, it did hurt our necks as it was something, which to be honest none of us would have expected. It makes me ask why, and how it actually was aloud to happen, and also makes me wonder would it be so much for a member of staff to actually see if we were ok? I was quite shocked to return later in the day to be no more than an inch from another collision, and then watch it crash 3 more times which the attendent looked confused at first to found it quite amusing. The ride eventually shut its self down and engenners came over and sorted it. I understand that fury does have these issues in the rain but it makes me wonder, why who I&#39;m sure are the same people to attend breakdowns at the ride every day dont know that the ride does this, and if they do why even take the smallest risk of it happening. Apart from that low point I had a great day on park, was very quiet which is always nice point.Ride Count:Fury 3Rattlesnake 5Tomb 2Rameses 1Runaway 1Vampire 3/4?!Black Buckenner 1Bubbles 2As a final note, this year was the first time of visiting Chessington, whilst it is a nice park I must say I am quite shocked and appalled at some of the things I have seen there this year.