Chessington Trip Reports

It is only temporary isn't it? I did it by accident once and was left wondering where my photo was at the end. There was one black image and I worked out that it was probably that one. It was the only one that cam out black because the light sensors in the camera had adjusted to the bright lift from my flash making the picture go so dark you could not see anything. After a few seconds it must have gone back to normal adjustment.So, it is only temporary. I hope. Red dots don't sound good!:D

Just got back from an unbelievable day at Chessington, as always :DThe park was just fantastic, and managed a good ride count!Vampire- 5Dragons Fury- 4Rattlesnake- 3Runaway Train- 3Tomb Blaster- 2Safari Skyway- 1Bubbleworks- 1Kobra- 1Black Buccaneer- 1And a couple others :PMight add pics later :P

I think how unique and different it is to anything else in the park, or anything else I had experienced before. It really is a great ride with good theming.Whilst the ride is soul destroyingly slow at getting through the people, the ride at the end is quite a long one. :P

Just back from my first chessington visit this season and I must say I was totally thrilled with what I found! The new admissions gates are fantastic, really sets sail the whole adventure idea they seem to be pushing.Vampire detail, awesome! Great to see Abdab back and even going back further, the Zappomatic nod in the new haunted hollow-esque walk way.Kobra and the whole new Asia area totally great too, very well themed and very enjoyable (if a tad slow too load).The hotel porch, looking forward to it's new view in June. Construction rushing along for a fantastic addition to the zoo and hotel-I can't wait.New audio here and there and tons of small effects working again that I hadn't seen since the early 90's.The detail rolls out further even, and onto the main road with a new order for cars and people crossing, everything tidy and organised.TOP MARKS for everyone involved at Chessington, with a new ride and area, they still manage to put in place SO MANY small touches and details to things that really didn't need them, only to make it stand out and to be better. It makes me wince in pain and wonder WHY OH WHY can't their sister park down the road take such pride in their own park (granted they did some and are getting there). Thorpe Park is a state compared to what Chessington has once again become. The thing that stands them so obviously apart, is that Chessington is a real theme park with something to offer everyone, and Thorpe is a fun fair on an island for only teenagers. Different in their own way and to what they offer. I can't wait for my next trip to Chessington. Well done guys!

I'm also back from my first CWoA trip of the season, and have to agree with Fever, seriously the park seems to be on steroids. There is something about the park that I just can't put my finger on, there's something in the air; a great atmosphere that hasn't been as prominent in a while. It's fantastic.Words can't really describe it, you have to be there to feel and experience it yourself. Wild Asia is wonderful, and brilliantly designed, it has such a distinct feel to it, I love it. I could nit pick about Kobra's queue, and little things like the lack of trees but overall it's flaming awesome. Kobra also took me by surprise; it's such a fun ride that I could do over again.I think a lot of people forget that theme parks are supposed to be fun. We've got so used to new additions around the country being designed to intimidate and frighten people, so I think it's refreshing to see a ride that makes no claims, but is a solid, fun experience.I took a few decent pictures today, mostly of Kobra, but I'll be going again in the next couple of weeks to get some more material for CWoA Mania. Here's a few:Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I thought I'd write about my trip to Chessington on Saturday.All in all, I was really impressed with everything. They have really done the park up nicely. Ride reliabillity was good, with Dragons fury, Vampire and Cobra only rides having problems. Cobra shut in the afternoon, but both Fury and Vampire were fixed. Wild Asia was really good, Cobra is an awsome ride!. If you've not done it yet, I suggest you try it.The audio at the park has really improved. I'm glad to see music back around Transalvania. Vampire lived up to expectations, in fact a bit faster than usual.All in all, well done to Chessington I say.

I'm surprised at how busy you claim it was. I wonder how many people had days off, not even to mention this Ash Cloud Situation.

Its Kobra! :)

Try having your friend constantly calling it Edge! Rich

It's not as bad as wanting everyone to put "& Zoo" at the end

No Names Mentioned *Ahem*Keith*Ahem* :D

Today was a fun day, not too busy and Wild Asia has bedded in very nicely...Construction on the safari area has moved very quickly as the building next to Creature Features has already got a themed exterior... And it looks good... High hopes again for this...Staff on Vampire and Fury were not great... Very slow especially on Fury, which naturally annoyed me... And unfortunately kids are climbing on the new Vamp queue stuff... Should've mentioned that actually when talking to the TL :angry: Oh wells...Also there were no Kobra shirts... In both the main and WA shops... Bad times...Ride Count:Vamp - 2Fury - 2Kobra - 1Tuk Tuks - 1Falls - 1Tomb - 1Rattlesnake - 1Bubbles - 1Buccaneer - 1

Went to Chessington WoA today for a briallent day out!All Rides and Attractions were 0 mins from what I saw for most of the day.I did see Dragon's Fury on 30 mins for about an hour then it went down to 5 mins.The same happened with Rattlesnake today.All staff seemed as bubbly as they could despite the weather. And not being big headed but the Vampire staff were immediately the most enthusiastic to me. Maybe because the station is inside but that is how I saw it :(A great day with a very good ride count!Got on everything at least once but did count Vampire which was 11 today :D

Unbelievable trip today, I Went to Thorpe Park for the first time this year, left after an hour as it really does just suck compared to Chessington.At Chessington had an absolutely phenomenal day :) Look forward to pictures etc!Ride Count:Thorpe- Stealth (Front)Nemesis InfernoRushChessington-Fury x 3Rattlesnake x 3Vampire x 2Toadie's Crazy CarsKobraLorikeet Lagoon x 2Tomb BlasterBubbleworksSkywayAnd various others, Also entered LoTD for the first time :PJust a couple of picsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Had a good day at Chessington today. First time in a while and was quite impressed, really like Wild Asia, the park was looking nice and it wasn't too busy but at the same time not to empty. The longest we queued was about 25 mins for Dragons Fury and Runaway Train. Really enjoyed walking around the zoo which actually made me miss the Farm at Thorpe Park as it is nice to get away from rides for a little while. Ive posted anything about specific rides in the appropriate threads.Ride CountSeastorm x2Black Buccanear x2Vampire x1BubbleworksRameses x1Dragon Falls x1Peeking Heights x1Tomb Blaster x1Rattlesnake x1Runaway Train x1Kobra x1Monkey Swinger x1Tuk Tuk Turmoil x1Also managed to look at all of zoo and it seems that the animals for the new African Savannah Experience have arrived as we saw two Zebras popping their heads out of a building opposite creature features where the new area is being built.