What Thorpe Rides Have You Re-ridden?

Geo

Question

Stealth during the first saturday of Fright Nights during 2010. We had to obviously get off but were let through the fence between onload and offload. Got 8 rides in a row. There was no queue as the ride had reopened after a break down at 9pm but the sign at the entrance still said "Stealth is currently unavailable". Was great fun!

Health and Safety legislation via the HSG175 states that you are allowed a maximum of one reride... And I believe it's only CWoAR that follows this law!Funny, eh.

5 times on Dragon Falls5 times on Vampire10 times on Dragons Fury3 times on Rattlesnake10 times on Black Bucaneer10 times on Rameses Revenge

Just this Monday I went round Dragon Falls 4 times in a row, just swapping groups of other peoples kids in our boat as they didn't have enough adults to supervise a coach load.The same thing happened on Buccaneer, with the ride op begging adults to stay on again and again to occupy edge seats as the coach loads of kids had not enough adults with them. We only bothered to stay on once extra because it was taking them an age to load the damn thing with the new seating arrangements.At Thorpe I'm pretty sure I've had multiple rides on everything other than Saw, Stealth and X/WTF. The only one of note was 3x on Colossus, which I loved but my wife thinks she fully lost consciousness on the last time round and then felt like crap for the rest of the day.

Health and Safety legislation via the HSG175 states that you are allowed a maximum of one reride... And I believe it's only CWoAR that follows this law!Funny, eh.

Apart from they don't - I've been on countless times.And also, forgot about towers and their blanket ban on rerides on all thrill rides?

Right guys can we stay on topic* and be nice please? :P*Of what Thorpe rides you've re-ridden, not what the "rules" are for re-riding!

Who wasn't being nice? ;) And to be fair, whilst is isn't word for word on topic, it's still basically discussing what the whole theme of the topic was. Whilst I agree with keeping generally on-topic, discussion is still better than no discussion, otherwise this topic (and forum...) would become rather dreary surely?

I was just giving people an early warning, as part of the TPM team I'm working with them to crack down on posts and ensure people feel welcome to post without seeing constant sarcasm and the way some people respond to other members' posts etc, which we believe is putting newer members off. I didn't say anyone was being nasty, I was just reminding them to stay friendly; I personally didn't like the whole "These are the rules and they are being broken" thing etc. It just comes across as know-it-all and negative. I assume as a human I'm allowed an opinion and as a mod I am more than allowed to er, moderate?And good point Mr Rave, topic title shall be changed!

I was just giving people an early warning, as part of the TPM team I'm working with them to crack down on posts and ensure people feel welcome to post without seeing constant sarcasm and the way some people respond to other members' posts etc, which we believe is putting newer members off. I didn't say anyone was being nasty, I was just reminding them to stay friendly; I personally didn't like the whole "These are the rules and they are being broken" thing etc. It just comes across as know-it-all and negative. I assume as a human I'm allowed an opinion and as a mod I am more than allowed to er, moderate?And good point Mr Rave, topic title shall be changed!

I support the whole making it better for new members thing fully, I just don't understand what was wrong on this example... no one was being sarcastic or negative to one another. And no one was slamming your opinion, if I was or anyone else was then please point that out because I seem to have totally missed that. I agree here that this place should remain friendly and the moderators are doing a good job, just kinda felt that this time it's been a bit of an over-reaction...

Yes.. cos we need reminding to be friendly.To be honest, some of this crackdown just makes the forums feel quieter, way quieter. It'll have a knock-on effect.. but thats for another topic.As for thorpe rides, I have re-ridden loggers, Colossus, inferno. Not much else, cos I don't think they're worth it.

I support the whole making it better for new members thing fully, I just don't understand what was wrong on this example... no one was being sarcastic or negative to one another. And no one was slamming your opinion, if I was or anyone else was then please point that out because I seem to have totally missed that. I agree here that this place should remain friendly and the moderators are doing a good job, just kinda felt that this time it's been a bit of an over-reaction...

I understand your point too ;)I guess I could have worded it better. I just personally felt it was a tad negative for a member to more or less say on a public forum that Thorpe Park are breaking a law/rule on re-riding. And no I don't feel it was anyone specific slamming my opinion. I just got a bit grr over it, I'm still gaining confidence in moderating so I always doubt a lot of things I say, which then leads to me being a bit too defensive. That doesn't make sense ;) But I'm not sure how else to word it. I have re-ridden Rumba on many occasions, always a laugh :DRushSamuraiInfernoDettyLoggers

I went to Thorpe a few years ago on a school trip, being a school day the park was pretty much empty! :) The longest queue there was Stealth (this was back in '07) so my friends and I went on Colossus 4 times in a row and Nemesis Inferno about 3-4 times. Such a rush, but it made me feel pretty rough afterwards. I've also ridden Slammer 3 times in one day, but haven't got on it once since then (it scares the crap out of my to be honest). Last year I rode Stealth twice, not very impressive but considering how long the queue line can get :)I'm going to Thorpe Park for the second time this year on Thursday - most schools will be back by then so fingers crossed for short queue times! Maybe I'll brave up and ride Slammer this time, who knows?!