Disneyland Resort California

Tom

I know there is a poll but this fantastic place deserves a real topic in my opinion!With all the talk of Florida trips recently it has reminded me of the amazingness that is Disneyland California!So to start off a magical new ride based around the Little mermaid film:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIarm5FEQXI&feature=mh_lolz&list=FLmaqwRppLNLcRiders are given a backstory by a seagull before plunging underwater into the vibrant and soundsational ocean along with Sebastian, Ariel and Flounder of course!It's a great mixture between a fantasyland dark ride and the 'omnimover' system as seen in the Haunted Mansion too.Although this isn't a main attraction it is definitely a welcome addition; nice to see a ride focused on a fairytale once again.This is one of the many new projects and renovations of the $2billion Disney California Adventure remodel. This includes the addition of Cars Land new for 2012 and a complete refurbishment of the Paradise Pier area of the park from a tacky pier carnival theme to a classic victorian pier theme which is in great taste. These projects are fascinating to follow as with Disney, production moves fast! I'm very much looking forward to Cars Land among the other great rides such as The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Toy Story Mania, California Screamin', and Soarin' over California to name a few.Posted Image^ California Screamin', Mickey's Fun Wheel, and World of Colour show.

N'aww Voyage of the Little Mermaid looks adorable ;) Some of those animatronics are stunning too - I don't know how many people saw the behind the scenes videos WDI were releasing during construction, but getting a close up look at them the AAs are really excellent. Wonderfully smooth movement too. The first Ariel AA is especially good, and Ursula!But the WDW version will have a cooler facade :P

Thanks for posting all of that Rave, I never knew the Paradise Pier was getting a fitting re-furb- sounds great. I'm not personally a fan of all these attractions being built on franchises, however I'm glad the resort is finally getting the major investment it deserves. ;)I'm a bit confused by the Mermaid ride really. there are some fantastic scenes and awesome animatronics (not sold on Aerial though) but it literally goes from Ursula's lair to Kiss the girl and then the ride ends. If you didn't know the story (which I appreciate would be very unlikely) then you'd be forgiven to think that Ursula saved the day.

For Sheepie's Benefit ;) :2008: Toy Story ManiaPosted ImagePosted Image2009: Re-theme of The Sun Wheel to Mickey's Fun Wheel (And the removal of the Mickey Mouse face from the California Screamin' loop) Re-theme of boardwalk games to include real disney characters.Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted ImagePosted Image2010: World of Color show, (And paradise park) Re-theme of the Orange Stinger (wave swinger ride) to Silly Symphony Swings, closure of Golden Dreams show starring Whoopi Goldberg, closure of the Maliboomer space-shot ride. Change of music from 50s 'Beach Boy' songs to ragtime/jazz music.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image2011: Trees, benches, and a smoking area to replace the Maliboomer, Little mermaid ride, re-theme of Mulholland Madness to Goofy's Sky Skool and re-theme of the Pizza Oom Mow Mow restaurant and McDonald's Burger invasion to Pizza Pasta Garden, change of California Screamin' launch audio from a 'surfer' voice to Neil Patrick Harris! :PPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageSo yeah! Long process. xDPosted ImagePosted ImagetoPosted ImagePosted ImageSorry Whoopi :DApologies for all the photos!World of colour full show: Obviously so much better in person, but for those not lucky enough to be able to see it for yourself: California Screamin' Launch Audio:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmzVVuddb0A&feature=relatedNew:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HHCpPCWYQASorry for this epic post, thanks if you read through. XD

Excellent! I really hope you enjoy it. ;)A hint for fastpasses: Both parks are on separate links as it were, so you can get a fastpass for a ride in MK and then one straight away in DCA. Also in the past (not sure anymore!) Grizzly River Run and Roger Rabbit's Cartoon spin actually also run on separate systems within the parks, so you can grab a fastpass anytime for them. Fastpasses can never be used early, however are always accepted late, even over 10 hours etc!I'd also recommend getting a fastpass for space mountain first thing in the morning, then heading to the fantasyland rides followed by getting a fastpass for indiana jones then doing BTMRR, Splash Mountain, Pirates, Haunted Mansion and Jungle Cruise! Ensures a great start to the day.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been following the construction of this weekly for a few years now and it is just phenomenal how much the entire park has changed in the last 5 years, something I've never seen been done to a theme park. Even tiny changes like thematic changes to the rapids ride to fit into a more quiet national park theme rather than a white water raft ride, on top of numerous new attractions and complete overhauls of old ones. Crazy stuff!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...