Disneyland Resort California

Tom

Very lucky, and effective planner

Just saying, because you went at a time when rides were closed doesn't mean DLR always has more rides closed than other parks

And even if that was the case there are often more rides in each park than their counterparts

Unfortunately some of us can't just fly off somewhere on a whim. When I went was the most appropriate time for my partner and I to go. Doesn't make us inefficient planners, particularly when two of the rides weren't scheduled to be closed when we initially booked the trip. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The reaction hasn't been as negative as I expected nor does the rumour seem as far fetched as it initially sounds. A lot of West Coast fans seem to have a serious chip on their shoulder about getting the 'cheap' version of the attraction. This refit would mean the potential for new show effects.

That area of the park has been earmarked for redevelopment for a while and the combination of MyMagic+ and Shanghai costs make a retheme rather than new attraction look realistic. Then there is the IP dream of not having to pay CBS for the Twilight Zone rights and being able to push Marvel on West Coast. 

I think the biggest loss would be the bellhops. The French version is near enough identical but the Californian cast and guests have made a huge difference to my visits.

Crazy days for both Stateside towers. One's getting a bar in its exit corridor and the other is on the chopping block.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That sucks.

What with Avatars 'land of who cares about forgotten gimmick' not Disney film franchise, it feels like Disney are really out of step with what people want. When you add Star Wars they are certainly out of step with what I want, but I know I'm in the minority there.

28 minutes ago, Matt Creek said:

This is has got to be the worst decision by Disney since the closure of Journey Of Imagination and WDW's Toad ride

271.gif

Avatar land is a worse decision, purely as it's not using an IP of any interest to anyone...

This is bad though, short termism at its worst...

What I like about The Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror (opinion based off the DHS version) was the whole fear of the unknown and the creepy, spooky atmosphere which immersed me (and it takes a lot to immerse me, e.g. I thought Kong was meh). 

It's like DCA don't care about the mark that the ride leaves on their riders, the 'Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror' ride is just too iconic for this retheme. My message to DCA is "good luck with that" (one of my common phrases) as this retheme just isn't gonna happen.

1 hour ago, pluk said:

That sucks.

What with Avatars 'land of who cares about forgotten gimmick' not Disney film franchise, it feels like Disney are really out of step with what people want. When you add Star Wars they are certainly out of step with what I want, but I know I'm in the minority there.

1 hour ago, Benin said:

271.gif

Avatar land is a worse decision, purely as it's not using an IP of any interest to anyone...

This is bad though, short termism at its worst...

To be fair, Avatar is like the second highest grossing film of all time.. A new one is probably on the horizon aswell

There is however a massive difference between the future additions of Avatar Land and Guardians Tower (as mentioned).

Avatar Land will be a massive new land built on an area home to mostly forgettable second rate attractions. Whilst a mix bag to most, the park will be gaining a highly new immersive area with much needed dark rides and  top theming whilst mostly staying cohesive to the park's setting. 

Guardians Tower however will be replacing a popular, highly regarded and staple park attraction in a quick last minute project. Whilst the attraction may still be very good, it's going to be practically impossible for this overlay to succeed on what is a clone of one of the best dark rides in the world.