Disneyland Resort California

Tom

For those who are interested, the attraction is set to be called Gaurdians of the Galaxy - Mission: BREAKOUT! and it's story is as follows.

"Deep inside his fortress-like collection, the mysterious Taneleer Tivan (aka The Collector) is displaying his newest acquisitions, the Gaurdians of the Galaxy. They are trapped in customised cases, suspended over a vast abyss. Unbeknownst to their unscrupulous captor, the intrepid Rocket has escaped and is enlisting the Collector's VIP guests for help, Guests board a gantry lift, which launches them into a chaotic and hilarious adventure as they join Rocket in an attempt to break his fellow Guardians out of captivity."

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Had a good read on that earlier, I think it reflects the situation perfectly, especially given how DCA was only fixed from the shambles it used to be. The Guardian's tower (though good it may be) is tearing a massive hole in that repair overhaul.

If only I had been to Disneyland California in April for real.

I still need to visit there though.

• 5 months later...

Yesterday was the last day of operation for the Californian Tower Of Terror (at least of what was left of it) after checking in it's final guests after 13 years. The ride system will now under-go the 6 month transformation into the Guardians Of The Gakaxy Ride opening this Summer.

As great the successor could be, it's replaced a Disney classic, staple and master piece. DCA Tower Of Terror  should be remembered like this:

dca_tower_of_terror_sunset.jpg

And not this:

15781392_10154003847667035_3853751017794

15822686_10154003710217035_8063337202809

GOTGExt1280.jpg

Source-Inside The Magic

An intersting article worth reading about how the Tower Of Terror came to be can be found at Theme Park Tourist

I'm not sure if they can do it in Florida. The contract there is just messy and I think they're more looking at putting Marvel in over at Epcot so that tower might be safe. Plus they wouldn't dare close it atm as it's one of like 3 rides open! 

I can see them doing it to Paris without a doubt. Especially as that's an actual clone of California's model and there's always Marvel rumours about that park!

Is a huge shame but all we can hope is that it isn't good basically. The worst thing is that whole "experience it in the dark" rubbish. It was literally the same ride even with the audio but all the show scenes turned off. What is the point?

One positive, I think the new tower will look cool. 

• 1 month later...
36 minutes ago, Matt Creek said:

Unacceptable!

They could've at least showed us the full extend of the damage they are doing to this once great attraction.

Yes Tower of Terror is a legend and amazing, but there is nothing to say this won't be a great attraction. The only thing that's going to stop it is people constantly reminiscing.

I think the tower is going to look really cool and intimidating, the story could be great and end of the it's a glorified drop tower. Yes it's a shame to see Terror go but at least wait for some reviews of this new version before hating on it. 

Business is business, synergy is the way forward and so are IP's sadly. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...