Credits

Mr.man

Coaster credits are basically a tally of how many coasters a person has been on, I think. I'm afraid I don't know too much about them because I just tend to enjoy the experience and entertainment of a theme park rather than count how many I've done. :DI get that it's a big thing for a lot of enthusiasts though! :)

I've never thought about this before, just spent 20 mins on coaster count and it's amazing how it adds up. 105 steel, 16 wood and that's without really thinking about it, sure there are quite a few more. They do count racers and duel tracks multiple times though (space mountain, steeplechase, grand national etc), which I'm not sure I agree with.

Looking at that coaster count site - water coasters - yes, water chute/log flumes - no. Dark rides only if they house a coaster. There seem to be a million ways of doing it, a lot of people don't seem to like counting powered coasters, like mine trains.

Pretty simple when you think about it: A coaster credit is a roller coaster! :D Yeah, some people don't like counting powered coasters, but I think they should be to be honest. Duelling coasters I think should be separate for different track, as long as they have different layouts.I keep a track of my credits (to be fair though, it's not that high at the moment!) and of ride counts and all that. It's just something that I feel is natural with the whole idea of being an enthusiast, though I completely understand that some just don't do it. (Oh, and I probably would be one of those people who would try and get on every coaster possible, just for the credit of it. :) )

As said above:

Looking at that coaster count site - water coasters - yes, water chute/log flumes - no. Dark rides only if they house a coaster. There seem to be a million ways of doing it, a lot of people don't seem to like counting powered coasters, like mine trains.

Water coasters: YesDark rides: Only if they have a coaster. So, Hex - Not a credit, X:\NWO - Credit.

I count my coasters and rides on ride counter (http://www.ridecounter.com/) it is basically the same as their coaster counter site but it allows you to count your dark rides and water rides etc also.

It actually is the same site, but if you log into coastercounter instead of ridecounter it only shows you your coasters. I never knew the ride part existed, so thanks for that!

It actually is the same site, but if you log into coastercounter instead of ridecounter it only shows you your coasters. I never knew the ride part existed, so thanks for that!

That's ok and yes if you log onto coaster counter it also gives you some fun facts based on your ride count, you have travelled this far etc. I love that little feature. :)

Can anyone tell me the rules for coaster credits because I really want to do mine, thanks in advance!

The are no official "rules" to it, just depends on what you class as a roller coaster. I count how many I've been on, but not how many times I've been on each individual one.Dave