Travel

Ellie

Weird topic but many people on here like talking about trains and buses so.... discuss here.Today it seems there's an increase in transport police presence and more terrorist 'be vigilant' announcements at train stations. Wondered if there was some kind of warning for trains? (I know we're on high terrorist alert.)And I hate buses. My bus had been sat at the terminus for ages, yet decided to leave five minutes late. Made my train though, woo.

Today it seems there's an increase in transport police presence and more terrorist 'be vigilant' announcements at train stations. Wondered if there was some kind of warning for trains? (I know we're on high terrorist alert.)

The threat level has not gone up to critical, which it would if they were concerned by a specific threat, so should be nothing to worry about. I hate that my branch line has a really early last train, leaving me to fork out for taxis after a late night. Would it kill them to run one late night train so I could stay in town at least until the pubs close?

I have no trains from my station at the moment. We are getting the Metrolink so have to have no rail services for 3 years while they faff around with it. Now they are interfering with my road as it is part of a diversion route while they are working on the level crossing. You can only park on one side which is going to make life interesting. Lorries will use it too and there is a convienent dip in the road which makes a racket every time a lorry goes over it.Oh and the last time I tried to get to London it took me 8 hours instead of 3. That was a fun/stressful day involving three trains and quick changes at York and Sheffield. Trains hate me. This is a proven fact.

• 2 months later...

So, on the weekend, went on a Virgin Pendolino train for the first time. On my outward journey the train was packed and I'd gotten an earlier train so had no seat booked. It felt very dark and gloomy, looked a bit like a narrow airplane. I didn't really see what the fuss was about until my return journey! It was empty, had a window seat, could see out windows either side of the train. It's really cool seeing the train tilt through the corners and only being able to see sky out of one window :)