Mania Hub Chat

Sheepie

There's also a problem where all of a sudden, for no apparent reason, it keeps kicking me out! The other day I was typing a reply in, and wham, I suddenly found myself at the main T&C chat page. :huh:

Yes, this happens to me aswell! I am typing and then suddenly it comes up with 'you have been kicked from the chat room' and I have to refresh. I always come back in asking who's kicked me and no one says they have but know I know why :P

I do use the mobile version quite a lot though!

Yes, this happens to me aswell! I am typing and then suddenly it comes up with 'you have been kicked from the chat room' and I have to refresh. I always come back in asking who's kicked me and no one says they have but know I know why :P

I do use the mobile version quite a lot though!

I also find this finds this happens to often too after I leave chat for a few minutes.

• 4 months later...

I've had a couple of thoughts spring to mind following the little bit of talk about Chat in the Shoutbox...

Is there a chance of maybe having a 'specific chat time' once or twice a week? It's no secret Chat has become quiet (I know people may say that's down to the time of year and that, but compared to this time last year, and previous years, it is dead), so maybe having a publicised time for when Chat should be busy could bring people back into the Chat Room and make it used more regularly?

Look at when the TPM Quiz was going on; a time was set, and people made the time to specifically go in there for it. Maybe, a 'Discussion Topic' (even relate it to a topic on the forums, like 'What would you like to see Thorpe do for 2014?') could be created for people to just chat about a specific topic and have a laugh at the same time?

As I say, just a couple of random ideas that have come to mind. But maybe using Chat for 'bigger things' may encourage more people to pop in and use it on a regular basis again? :)

When the quiz was going on, chat was buzzing which was really nice as it has been quiet of late. I would like to get back to using the chat room here at TPM as it has led to some really good friendships and it would be nice to chat to some new people, and of course people that I have chatted to before. I think during closed season, chat will become more active but I think Josh's idea of chat times is a good one

I have been going into chat lately and staying in there waiting for people to arrive and a handful come and say hi.

However it is nowhere near busy to continue the chat for a long period so this suggestion I agree with for an organised time.

So keeping this in mind and please be aware the time will change and day will most likely change each week.

The first 'organised' chat will be this Tuesday at 8pm an the topics will be Speculation Of Thorpe Park new attraction 2014 and a secondary topic about holidays ^_^

See ya there

• 2 weeks later...