Towers Top Five

Fred

Nemesis 5/5 Perfect ride. After almost 20 years it is the best B&M, the best inverter and the most pure adrenaline pumping thrill I have yet to encounter, Sublime.Oblivion 5/5 Never loses the beat with its trick. It's a shame it's in the same park as Nemesis. If it was at Thorpe it would knock its four mediocre coasters out of view.Air 4/5 not as good as Manta but closer to pure flight.Rita 2/5. LAUNCH INTO A CORNER. That will always work out well won't it Intamin.Thirteen 2/5. All atmosphere, no substance. Shame as it could have rivalled Nemesis at the park.

Since SOME people want my post to be less like Thirteen and more like Nemesis -_-Nemesis was my first inverting coaster and arguably first truly MAJOR ride, so for me, ride-wise it's the way it just doesn't seem to let up and keeps going until the brakes, even the stall turns are an important part of the ride in order to give those small moments of calm before the next kick in the balls, rides that are just constant intensity aren't fun, that balance was really done well by John Wardley and B&M...Elsewhere, the atmosphere and interactivity are very well done, I love the music which just compliments the ride nicely and of course the B&M roar also makes such a perfect combination of things...

Oblivion 5/5-Well... What can I say about Oblivion, it gets what it is supposed to do right every time, and never gives up. My favourite ride at Alton and I have never ridden anything which gives such a great mix of atmosphere and Thrill at the same time, Oblivion is just simply unique and amazing! I love it. -_-Nemesis 4.5/5-Nemesis is an original, never gives a bad ride and I do love it, I may not like it as much as Oblivion but that's just my opinion, as Mark said it is almost 20 years old, and has aged very well compared to other coasters... We were discussing this in chat, and how when I see Nemesis, I do not see an 'old' coaster. Air 4/5-I like Air, it's something different for a change and in the back row it is a pretty amazing ride.Rita 3/5-Rita is good, but not brilliant, it has some nice airtime over the hills and the launch into the turn is quite forceful, even though quite a lot of people don't like that. -_-Th13teen 2/5-Th13teen relies heavily on it's theming and marketing, if it had no theming and was just the coaster with the indoor section... It wouldn't be as good as it is, but don't get me wrong it is still fun to ride.So overall I will vote for Oblivion. :)

Nemesis 5/5 - one of the top coasters in the world, and my personal number 2 in the world (that I have been on)Oblivion 4/5 - extremely good at creating the effect, even to this day - the drop is better than the more modern equivalents like SheiKra and Krake.Rita 3/5 - underrated and gets a bit of a slating which I feel is, to a degree, undeserved. Pretty forceful and some good airtime, shame about the theme and the vibration of the train in places though. Not as good as Stealth but decent nonetheless.Air 3/5 - lacking in punch, but a beautiful ride on a blue sky day. It does exactly what was expected of it and is smooth to boot. Could do with a bit more zip mind you.Th13teen 2.5/5 - a great ambience and nice trick. But the outdoor bit is a joke, even for a family coaster.

Rita 5/5 - Launch coasters are my favourite so it has to be Rita!!Oblivion -4/5 I love this ride one of the best coasters out there.Nemesis - 4/5 - A very good ride gives a great experience and I never get a bad ride.Air - 3/5 It's ok but Manta at Seaworld is loads better. Th13teen - The indoor section is good but that's it really.

Oblivion 5/5 - One of a kind rollercoaster, with an amazing drop into a pitch black hole in the ground.Nemesis 5/5 - The most famous ride in the park and in the uk, still a worlds best!Air 4/5 - Another one of a kind rollercoaster but lacks a theme.Thirteen 3/5 - Over rated. But I still screamed like a girl in the crypt -_- Rita 2/5 - The launch is good but... the layout is horrible, needs tearing out and redesigning.