THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

If that's the case ( and I think it probably is), then what does LC12 stand for? Something to do with Christopher... It sounds irrelevant, but it might have something to do with the overall name ( which is 100% certain to be DOOMSDAY or BOOMBANGCRASHEXPLOSION in traditional Thorpe Style :rolleyes: )Hmmm.Actually, Thorpe names tend to be something that a voiceover man can say in a serious tone of voice and not sound stupid, so... Endtimes?Anyway, this is all looking really awesome. But I am worried that they need to invest in something colourful before the place seems like a graveyard.Oh wait, Storm Surge :blush:

Isle of St Christopher is probably the name of the island, which used to be a sleepy town with the church, which was all perfect before the devastation hit.So someone has sprawled 'GO BACK' over the sign on the bridge to warn us of the alien or destruction that has taken over the town.

Hopefully there will be an fantastic storyline involving this church, one which is known by all guests, not just enthusiasts.

A sense of deja vu with this comment and last year with Thirteen...Don't get hopes up regarding stories people...

I will go as far to say it will be the best rollercoaster at Thorpe Park. It is a new fangled B&M, and is sure to be better than Nemesis Inferno, which puts it in a different league straight away.Since it will be the second of its kind in the world, Thorpe Park is going to be getting lots of international attention next year. So, whilst it will become a much-needed expansion for the park and may perhaps relieve the queues of other rides, Thorpe Park is likely to be getting even busier next year. For this reason mainly I wish they could have designed a more interesting queueline layout... Other than that everything looks very promising so far. The sandwich board actor was quite funny when I caught sight of him, a good marketing move.

I am not sure if Thorpe Park is going to be getting that much more international attention

I don't know, I mean what with the Olympics being in London next year they may not see so much international attention at the beginning of the season, but by the time it moves into summer they may well have a lot of people turning up, as both Thorpe and (to some degree) Chessington will be the main places for tourists to go to on random days out, given their proximity to London compared to Alton.

I think given that so much money is being invested in this project, we're going to see marketing cranked up to the max. They've already started a large in park campaign as we've seen with the flyers and actors. Even Thirteen, which had a huge budget for marketing and an extensive campaign, didn't go to this scale until Scarefest of 2009.Due to the amount of marketing, and already lots of eyes on the Capital and the surrounding area, Thorpe will see a huge influx of guests, particularly throughout the summer months. We may not notice is too much, as this ride will have a large throughput and will be able to cope.

As mentioned before the 'logo' is just the standard biohazard sign, so don't be shocked if you find it almost everywhere in everyday life!I'm beginning to get sick of this constant comparison to everyday objects.

No worries! Glad you found them entertaining! :( Can't wait to see what else they come up with. They will have some huge theming added, sure we'll see much more from the marketing team even on that too.In regards to the story of the ride, this is the one time that I think Thorpe will have it right, and it's certainly looking to be the best ride on park.