THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

Trim 'raped'?Well... That's a new one...Besides, B&M trim brakes? They are a very different kettle of fish and the only one that actually uses it to a high degree of ruining the ride is Silver Star... I doubt people have to worry about such an obvious massive effect on our lives that a trim brake might be put onto the ride...

Many have suffered at the hands of the trim brake especially th13teen which was brutally trim raped or TRIMPED!

new means unique B)

:mellow: Oh god where have we found this one? Calm down peeps, Thorpe Parks been invaded by UFO's and they took Stealth =( (Keeping in line with Les Coogans theorys and stuff, this post is not spam B))

I have followed every aspect of this ride and so far the pieces are coming together- The grey B&M wingrider track is Lc12's - Construction will start late May- Track will arrive in september- Track will be finished in October/November - Storyline will likely be on alien devastation after analysing the twitter account and other sources of info- Construction updates are available on Coasterforce's website through a Bloghttp://www.coasterfo...nstruction-lc12 Marketinghttp://twitpic.com/4nm1myOriginal planning applicationhttp://lc12.co.uk/lc12-plans-released.phpFactsProject Name: LC12Manufacturer: Bolliger & Mabillard (B&M)Height: 38.6m / 127ftInversions: 4Investment: £20m Trains x seats: 2 x 28 seatsLength of track: approx. 775metresTrack: http://www.screamscape.com/html/industry_news.htm#BMand the main marketing site http://www.lc12.net/(This info is a summary for people who want an easy straightforward summary in case you ask me )

If you have no interest in Physics then please ignore this post. I don't mind people saying things with the proviso that they might be wrong but I don't like it when categorical statements are made that aren't true :)

mass of the object is negligible and has no effect on the final velocity whatsoever.

This is only true if the volume of the object changes with the mass such that the mass density remains the same. The mass density of the object will affect its terminal velocity. Two identical objects, one heavier than the other will fall at slightly different rates in the same fluid.

Horizontal motion does not affect vertical motion, and vice versa

Whilst technically true, you failed to answer the persons' question. Rather than horizontal and vertical motion, you should look at the energy of the system. To answer the question, yes the speed the train comes off the lift hill will alter the top speed of the train at the bottom of the drop by a little less than the speed of the lift. This doesn't make a huge difference on slower lifts, but on things like i305 and El Toro (SFGAdv.) the speed of the lift has a considerable impact on the train.I've missed loads of stuff out which I doubt people are interested in, but engineers can't watch good science be misused :blush:

Looking at the colour of LC12's track, anyone think that this could be themed around a military weapon? I'm not entirely sure why you would want a military weapon at the end of the world, but I am sure someone could come up with a convincing story!

^^ The nike cloud on the teaser picture do imply some potential military theme.I'm still interested to see how they make an apocalyptic scene with a crashed plane suitable in the LHR flight path...Dave

It should be interesting to see how they do that... I just want some scenery that looks really good, IMO the scenery at Thorpe is not too bad but LC12 will hopefully raise the standards...

So Les Coogan has posted this on Facebook:

I am searching for those who are worthy of spreading the word and warning people of the imminent evil which is almost upon us.So far, Adam Moxley and Benjamin Evans have shown value, and they have been selected for the crack squads I need to warn of the impending dangers which face us.Taran Kularia and Luke Weaver have almost earned a place, but have one more piece of evidence to produce, in demonstration of their worth.I need a few more recruits for my crack squads and am to receive some more encoded information from my accomplice on the inside in the next few days. I will need help to crack the codes and find the truth.There will be 4 codes.The first of these will be posted at 1900(GMT)tomorrow, then one will be posted on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.To make things easier to track, all clues and discussion should be in this note.Good Luck.

if Les is actually official then these so called 'codes' could be quite interesting! All we can do is wait and see...

^And part of Thirteen's marketing campaign of the training camp in order to be the first one to ride it AND the general "THIS IS YOUR FAVOURITE RIDES IN ONE!!" didn't appeal to enthusiasts?Parks NEED to use the social media and this is working relatively well so far... Parks need to build up rep with fansites as well so that they get more things said about them by the enthusiast community, especially when you have a pre-existing image like Thorpe's...In short, stop being a downer and let people enjoy it...

Only people who have read this particular thread on Mania Hub is going to think that it is the character's name. The official actor on-site has not actually told anybody his character's name, am I right?

He has! That's where the name has come from, not entirely fan-made.

Looking at the colour of LC12's track, anyone think that this could be themed around a military weapon? I'm not entirely sure why you would want a military weapon at the end of the world, but I am sure someone could come up with a convincing story!

I think that the ride will be based around aliens coming to destroy the world, and then the military try to destroy the aliens by using a secret weapon, which could very well be what we are riding on (the flight path of the weapon that is). All the destruction and crashed vehcles are what the aliens have destroyed, and the military are using the cathederal as a hiding base to surprise the aliens and destroy them.My opinion on what they are gonna be doing as the story anyways.

Oh right. I thought he said LC12 stood for "Les Coogan", not that his name was Les Coogan? I am probably wrong on that front, but even if it is his name it has pretty little significance. I won't say anymore on the topic except...OBVIOUSLY FAKEI can't wait to see more development on the real LC12, especially since construction will start soon... Yay.

Oh electricbill, your cynicism really depresses me. Especially as you hate online communities anyway, and now you piss on people getting excited over something. So what if it's fake, the fact people are excited is good. And if it turns out to be real then woah, well done Thorpe. Good effort in using technology to build your new attraction up.

Let's all just take a deep breath, have a slice of cake and discuss the weather.... :blush: Nah really, calm down guys, this should be a positive experience!Personal opinion, yeah I think it's fake, but also I don't really care. It's enjoyable to see all the hype and goose chases from the Les guy, and to also see a world and narrative forming on the official one. I personally think the "fake" one posts too much and gets on my nerves a little though! :)My favourite stage of construction is always when we start seeing scenic stuff going in, and any interviews we get from those wonderful studios people! Eee :)