THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

Either a military weapon, or a means of actually escaping the carnage. It could be themed around a prototype evacuation system? But then unless you disembark in a different location than the one you started at, it would not work. A different load/unload point in the station maybe. Just speculating here. :blush:

Well Terminator Salvation - The Ride in Six Flags Magic Mountain (Now Apocalypse) was all about escaping on the esacpe train, yet the offloading and loading was all done on the same platform. :D

Oh right! It sort of shatters the illusion though doesn't it, escaping the mayhem only to arrive back where you started, Oooooh, just thought of a new name 'Coalition Government, Emergency Economic Recovery Budget' LMAO ;)

Hey guys.I've been reading this forum for a while, didn't realise my activation emails went to my spam folder so haven't had a chance to reply to this topic.I'm the Adam who got the clues right on the Facebook note Les Coogan posted... I'm yet to actually hear from him after the initial hype around being chosen to be part of his 'crack squad'.Read into that what you will.

Hi Adam! Welcome to the forums. ;)I'd really love for this to be real and for people who have paid interest to be rewarded. If it's a fanboy then you could question their motives.... asking people to join their "crack squad".... sounds dodgy. ;)

Cheers!Yeah, I was initially excited by it all and was surprised he'd mentioned me in a post afterwards too, but the fact I've had no message etc. makes me think it's someone having a laugh.I'll send him a message tonight and see if he replies...

I too have got into the 'crack squads', though after a bit of persistence. ;)Haven't heard anything yet, though by the sounds of it, I think Les is waiting till the crack squad is 'full' before any more info is released to us. Fake or not? I think it could be real, but if it's not, I've enjoyed the ride so to say...

My understanding is that they would be starting construction at the end of May, I know these things don't always run like a swiss watch but are they still on schedule? Does anyone know if they have made a start on the footers yet? I cant wait to see things start evolving from that island of dirt!

Answer to the codes below...

They were all airports around London:1) London City2) Gatwick3) Luton4) Heathrowand the numbers were the distance in metres from TP to each of those airports.

Ok thanks I guess that relates to the destroyed aeroplane in the plans...

Well, I sit here on this sunny Tuesday evening knowing that we are on the verge of LC12 construction. I am really looking forward to a long summer, autumn and winter of great construction updates on TPM! And to think, in 9 months time, we will have a world class themed B&M coaster that will be the envy of the world..........for at least a year anyway!! So exciting. :)

Is it really high density themeing though? From the plans it looks well themed with some nice features and certainly a lot of scenery for Thorpe over the last few years. It looks as though it'll have more themeing than, Saw, Stealth, Inferno and even Colossus. With £20M for the project, I would expect that everything in the plans will be added. :)

I would desperately hope that this project will break that tradition. 2004-2007 are mostly considered "the dark ages" of Tussauds/ Merlin where they added rides with very basic stylising. Saw was also at a disadvantage because over a third of the budget for the project went on buying the rights to use the Saw IP.Let us keep our fingers crossed that this investment will be traditional in terms of where the money is spent- ie; not on any intellectual properties and instead, on the ride hardware, scenic design and effects, area infrastructure and marketing.

Yeah it looks like it should be well themed from the plans, however, does the £20m include all the marketing which they're bound to a tonne I can imagine and maybe they won't have enough investment to put into scenery, especially when mainly it's only really the enthusiasts who care for it. Seeing as Thorpe already looks like a destruction site to an extent.

When Merlin release press statements they tend to like to include all money that was spent on the project (except for the cost of infilling I believe, which is an ongoing budget and project from what I've heard) as it beefs up the amount of investment to make it look even more impressive.