THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

I believe the idea is to have the additional path from the dome available too, although I do feel sometimes that Thorpe enjoy creating chaos! With just the 'fishway' path open, it will be ugly, with everyone heading to the LC12 island first, you can only imagine cramming alongthe pathway, into a bottle neck small bridge and onto the dead end LC12 island.. THEN, to turn around and battle back through the other way..God only knows why an additional bridge isn't on the current plans, connecting LC12 into the Sunken Garden and Stealth. Crazy!

Looking at that snapshot from Google Earth, it does look a little snug but I'd presume all this kind of stuff would have been looked at during the planning permission stage. It might not be as wide as a lot of paths in the park but isn't as if it's a one person wide dirt track. Just have visions of it becoming like Rollercoaster Tycoon now and alot of the guests start to think "it's too crowded here" :( Just wondering though, do you think that this ride will become their new icon ride or will that title still stay with Stealth?

It's hard to say. Obviously there'll be a huge rush to promote LC12 and there'll be loads of hype and excitement about it in it's first one, maybe two years, and for a while Stealth may take a back seat from promotion (TV promotion for Saw advertised Saw alone, and the park's name, of course) and so whilst it may seem like focus has shifted to LC12, Stealth will still be the "icon coaster", though who knows what the 2015 coaster will do to that.

Thorpe's going to sink to the bottom of the quarry because it's quite simply too heavy due to the quick investment, causing enthusiasts to BAWL loudly whilst many also cheer at the demise at the park...Either that, or LC12 will be officially announced... It's anybody's guess...

so whats gunna happen tomorrow does anyone know?????????????????

I dunno!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Now, really... Was there any need for that number of question marks? One will suffice. But otherwise, welcome to TPM! We hope you enjoy your stay but please understand there is a hierarchy. Ty very muchly. ;)As for LC12, I don't think anyone can say for sure. Few rumours flying here and there suggests it's a name, most people think the name was revealed last week as WAR. I'm not too fussed about that being the name but I personally think we'll see more of the concept of LC12 tomorrow; a bit of a storyline to keep enthusiasts' appetite tantalised; possibly how it all started, the consequences, who's fighting who in this war etc., etc.But yeah, anyone's guess really.

In a nutshell I think we will see a website launched similar to Raptors offering things such as:-- Ride name (or at least a more specific project name as a follow up to the "WAR" logo).- A more detailed write up to the current block of writing on LC12.net- Some sort of bootcamp competition to be one of the first riders- Another sign up to newsletter link- Construction webcam- Teaser images, wallpapers- Teaser videos to run every 4-5 weeks until official opening20hrs to go! ;)

15 hours to go! Can't wait to see what happens. But for the love of the Flying Fish, don't call the ride WAR. Its just too obvious. Think about it, I walk onsite, I look around and I say "OMG What happened here?!" Then I see the sign (moments after I already guessed what happened) and I go "Of course! Its sooooooooo obvious! I mean c'mon, I knew this well before hand! Message to Mike Vallis: give your next ride a less obvious theme related name."I'd take Cataclysm or Apocalypse, either one would fit, but not WAR.

15 hours to go! Can't wait to see what happens. But for the love of the Flying Fish, don't call the ride WAR. Its just too obvious. Think about it, I walk onsite, I look around and I say "OMG What happened here?!" Then I see the sign (moments after I already guessed what happened) and I go "Of course! Its sooooooooo obvious! I mean c'mon, I knew this well before hand! Message to Mike Vallis: give your next ride a less obvious theme related name."I'd take Cataclysm or Apocalypse, either one would fit, but not WAR.

I wouldn't have called it WAR if I had a choice, to short in my opinion. Something which means war, but not a work we'd use, perhapes in a different language. Just my half penny in the conversation.

I doubt they'd go with apocalypse as its the names of one iof Drayton Manor's signature rides and parks usually try to steer away from the same name.I hope it isn't war although it could have more meaning in the name than we see such as with air it could be something like, Wing Aerial Rider etc.