THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

Ten mins later and mine is still loading.. is it worth it?Great to see the construction diary up and will be nice to see it going up from well, under it!

What Browser you using? I use Chrome primarily and it wouldn't load but opened up an Internet Explorer window and was almost instant.One word - Brilliant.Top Marks THORPE.

That picture is the magnetic brakes Ben, below is the trim piece of track in question (credit to Daniel Hotton of Merlin Mania). I can't remember who I discussed this with but I can only apologise, you called it right on the positioning of the trim :rolleyes:Posted Image

Sorry to bring this back, especially with recent minisite developments, but this is beginning to baffle me now..Maybe I'm being completely stupid, but I do not see how this is a trim piece of track? Posted Image

I must say I was expecting a trim on the exit from the Zero G into the inclined loop, didn't expect one right at the bottom of the drop though. Not bothered though, I was assuming there would be one or two somewhere, and if they're designed in from the start they won't affect the ride detrimentally anyway AHEMintamin.

I'm actually quite happy with the trims being where they are supposedly going to be.I'd prefer to glide through the zero G than speed through it at a neck banging pace :rolleyes:

Yes, going through at a slower speed should mean more airtime too, or at least you would certainly feel it more! :DI love the website and the effort that has been put into it. I entered the competition and tried the thing where you enter your address...so brilliant! The video is so clever! :DGetting very excited now :(

I'm using Chrome and the mini site worked in seconds for me.. I think it depends on your broadband speed, the connection to Google to get your location and the traffic in your area. I live in the middle of no-where so not many people competing with it!Also, regarding the trim break.. That's the most likely expectation given that track section.. But by trim.. it doesn't mean Th13teen, Stealth or Saw trim.. It's just a break put there as a block section designed to stop the train in an emergency. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Oblivion have one at the bottom of the drop too?

Stealth and Saw don't have trims?Trims are not block sections, they are there to control the speed of the train around the track, it will not add any extra blocks to the track unless your talking about the one after the inline twist, which would then be a block break, but only if it's able to stop the train. Also on oblivion, no, because no brakes would be able to stop oblivion at the bottom of the drop. I believe you are getting block brakes and trims mixed up :rolleyes:

I don't know if it's just me but I LOVE the ending of The Swarm video; the low bass tone kicking in with "War is coming", turning into "The Swarm" with a blast of light. I think that last snippet of the video could be used to get people talking... Thorpe have huge potential TV marketing there, I'm just hoping they'll use it! :rolleyes: With regards to construction, the track looks too good to wait any longer! Seeing the size of the construction area from photos is so exciting, UK getting another huge B&M coaster after too many years!

Yeah. Here are all the super awesome secret ones I've been hiding :ph34r:Anyone else finding it strange the lift is being erected without catwalks? Seems way more effort to attach them afterwards when it would be easier and far more normal to just lift the track in with catwalks already present.