THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

Yeah. Here are all the super awesome secret ones I've been hiding :ph34r:Anyone else finding it strange the lift is being erected without catwalks? Seems way more effort to attach them afterwards when it would be easier and far more normal to just lift the track in with catwalks already present.

Definitely a little strange but maybe the catwalks make the track pieces too heavy to lift in one piece so it has to be done separately. Probably wrong though :rolleyes:

That actually looks crazy steep from that angle :rolleyes: And hooray for the tree of in-the-wayness not being in the way any more, because things are happening above it! Ha!Edit: Just browsing through that album from today, thought I'd attach a few other shots. Credit to Idlewild, obviously.Posted ImageThis is just... Speechless noms.Posted ImageOhai Tidal. You have a new friend. More noms!Salivating now :(

The time laps is for release next year - ie once it's complete. They're just posting a couple of little teasers.And they've described that last pic as "half" the lift hill!! :rolleyes:

Ahh cheers, and I saw that too :( it's going to look so big if it's that steep and only half of the lift hill is done... I can't wait to be riding The Swarm now, I love steep lift hills :P

here be another image :P (Slightly bigger than the one pluk posted)Posted Image

:rolleyes: Loving this, such a welcome sight after work to see constant progress :)Roughly comparing this to the Planning documentation the next section of track should top this lifthill off, looks like it could be an interesting weekend for anyone taking pictures :(

THE SWARM - Developers DiaryWe have installed a time-lapse camera for you guys to track the progress of the ride erection. It is a small but expensive (£6000) piece of camera equipment that takes a still photo every 15 minutes. This will look great once its all sped up and played back. The full version of the video will be available in 2012. For now check out the pictures on this page to track the progress of THE SWARM….WAR IS COMING!!!!Credit to Beans from Coaster Force...