THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

Apprently the reasoning behind the track being in the lake was to hold one of the guide ropes down... So I went into the given photo and zoomed in and you can see the wire/rope going down in the direction with an orange strap of some sort on the track piece itself... still it may of just slipped!

Yeah true, was meant to be a jokey post really ^_^.In regards to the latest updates, I can't believe how gargantuan this thing looks even though it's only 27ft higher than SAW - The ride ^_^ !

I'd say its just because The Swarm's track is just so chunky and the lift hill takes up a far larger area. Even compared to the taller Stealth, Swarm impresses.

That'll be the section of track who's support is the large triangular frame extended right towards the Flying Fish would it not? There's two supports out there; one for the section of track just installed, one for the piece installed just before that. Looking at the plans, I figure the next piece in will be the inversion, which will look mighty impressive. ^_^

Looking at the plans I don't think the section of track installed this morning has the support attached and it is infact the next section up that will have the support.I may be wrong though and I'm sure we will find out soon enough if we get some updates that aren't from the time lapse camera.Is there a possibility of the flying fish being closed today with construction so close by? If anyone is interested in following the hourly updates from the time lapse camera then click HERE.

I was just about to post that ^_^ Answers the support question. It just looks more and more intimidating every day... And now there's a decent amount of it to look at together, I really do adore that track colour even more.And looking at the portrait picture with all the mechanical gubbins on the lift hill makes me positively squeal! I still can't believe we're getting it... At Thorpe Park! Wooooo ^_^

I haven't been this excited about a ride since Nemesis Inferno!And I know it's a terrible ride but I did love the drop on G-Force at Drayton Manor, simply for the sheer novelty of starting the first drop upside down. Obviously this should be ten times better but the thought of it having a similar(ish) feeling to G-Force's first drop does get me excited! ^_^