THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

It seems to me that the trims won't be added until ride testing. There doesn't seem to be any kind of trim appearing above the track as of yet, meaning they've probably been bought and stored, and the track piece has been manufactured in order to allow for them to be installed at a later date if Thorpe see fit. The idea does puzzle me, because I realise it's easily more cost-effective to to prepare for the trims to be needed (should they be) instead of having to send for another piece with trim holes and fitted brakes in a season or two down the line, but the bottom of the drop is probably the easiest place to calculate the train velocity and so, why would they need these holes in the case that trims only may be needed? Surely they can work out how fast the train is going and decided whether to put them in from those calculations?I'm at a loss, but time will reveal all.

Damn that's sexy.It should feel amazing. It kind of looks like a massive version of the last inversion on Rage (although POVs don't seem to support this, it certainly feels like a slowish twist then a dive into itself when your on it). That is one of my favourite elements of any coaster and really makes Rage, stuck out on a wing and at that size it should be a huge wow.

Right heres what I think so far:Tbf, saw island is kind of pointless. But seeing as swarm is on an actual island the develpment could get pretty big. If in the following years they add new rides it could be amazing, but I really want a dark ride. And the islands theming must be spot on. Add in a few flats and something or other and RESULT!That is all.

http://thorpeparkmania.co.uk/viewphoto/3263I always imagined a flat ride (Giant Top Spin in particular) to be on the empty piece of land on the far left of the picture between the helix and the final turn before the second brake run... There probably isn't enough space for a Top Spin but a flat ride of any sort would probably be situated on the far side of the island to the bridge...

For once a Facebook comment was correct; that video is in fact a reversed clip of the track being lowered into the water. You can tell if you look at the way the slack in the chords changes as the track lifts out of the water. At least this means they did it on purpose, although I still don't quite get why!

For once a Facebook comment was correct; that video is in fact a reversed clip of the track being lowered into the water. You can tell if you look at the way the slack in the chords changes as the track lifts out of the water. At least this means they did it on purpose, although I still don't quite get why!

Your perfectly right,

Was in park today and was keeping an eye on construction when I could. At the start of the day a crane was holding the final curve of the first drop in place waiting for the last piece to be connected to the top of the lift hill to complete the loop. Piece was lifted into place at 11 (I remember so precisely as I was climbing Nemesis' lift hill at the time!).Seemed like lots of work in the station area and other work was happening near the helicopter loop and the Helix, but couldn't see any considerable work to report. A few pictures from different angles and perspectives below. The ride is already starting to dominate the skyline from certain parts of the park.post-4288-0-78993900-1319053297_thumb.jppost-4288-0-30930100-1319053467_thumb.jppost-4288-0-46700800-1319053699_thumb.jppost-4288-0-72499400-1319053849_thumb.jp