THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

Barley aware of? I'm sure every one whos visited thorpe park in the last month are pretty aware of the ride opening next year by the way of adverts or seeing the construction them selves.IMO its impossible to always look at things from a fanboy POV because at the end of the day, its the 1000's of paying customers on the gate who really matter to the parks.

To be fair to Intamin, Stealth is good for a UK coaster. It might not be the best compared to the US, but it's one of the best coasters in the UK in my point of view. The only bad coaster is Colossus as it is getting really rough now when you ride it. If you compare this to the only B&M, it's easy to see Inferno is hardly forceless and it is still really smooth and a great ride. If the smoothness of Inferno and other B&Ms I've ridden is anything to go by, The Swarm should be an epic ride once complete and themed.

Edited by Sidders
Corrected spelling, punctuation and grammar

Ahh.. It's really starting to take shape now. Can't wait until next year to ride it! I hope that the theming is as promised and that they have some good points to add ride effects too.

Edited by Neilfever
Spelling and grammar, PLEASE read through your posts before you post them!

Members are reminded to make their posts as easy to read as possible for other members to fully comprehend your post. If the use of shorthand could be avoided and correct spelling, punctuation and grammar could be upheld it would make the Moderator's jobs much easier, and it would also make posts easier to read for other members as well. :)

Can't believe how amazing it looks even though it's not finished yet! - Imagines it with theming and with huge train sweeping over the zero G -Also, I was just thinking yesterday, how amazing the view will be over the park from the right hand side whilst climbing and cresting that lift hill :)+ I couldn't find if this has been discussed, but how do people board either side of the train?

Members are reminded to make their posts as easy to read as possible for other members to fully comprehend your post. If the use of shorthand could be avoided and correct spelling, punctuation and grammar could be upheld it would make the Moderator's jobs much easier, and it would also make posts easier to read for other members as well. :)

* Moderators' * lolI'm at Nottingham Trent Uni now so there's no chance of going to Thorpe Park before opening day which sucks, so the first time I'm going to see it will be opening day ;) Still, Alton Towers is not very fair away at all, so not a bad consolation right?Bring on The Swarm, woop woop!

I'm off to thorp park tomorrow cant weight to see how the swarm is progressing and also to check out fright nightsWill try and get some good shots of the swarm and will post them and as regards to the spellings can I help it if I’m dyslexic hence why some are not as they should be pleas try and keep it in mind and I will work on trying to keep my posts clear

Agree with this 100%. I love the Intamin's, but am in no way against B&M's. I love Air, Nemesis and Oblivion. Just hate Inferno.

Trouble is mate, if all you have to compare Inferno with is Nemesis, then well clearly it is not as good. Nemesis is the best Inverted B&M in the world for crying out loud. I can assure you, I have ridden at least 10 inverted B&M's around the world and I can assure you, Inferno is up there with the best of them for theming, intensity and ground hugging near misses. Now I am chuffed to nuts that we are getting a new B&M and The Swarm looks like the most exciting coaster we have seen in years, but I would say to those that have never ridden a truly great Intamin not to forget they regularly win best steel coasters in the world! And if we ever get anything like Maverick in this country I can assure you, your opinion would be very swiftly changed!! It certainly opened my eyes, very wide indeed!! :)

I couldn't find if this has been discussed, but how do people board either side of the train?

The queueline is split into two heading into the station. One on one side, and the other crosses over a bridge, to the other side. Raptor had an automatic countdown of the number of riders per side, to allow through. I expect Thorpe will use a member of staff, or just allow the queueline to fill either side.When the train stops, guests are unloaded and exit toward the front of the train, when they clear, the batching gates open allowing you to board.Looking forward to see how it all comes together at Thorpe, especially if we do see a front row queueline too!

Barley aware of? I'm sure every one whos visited thorpe park in the last month are pretty aware of the ride opening next year by the way of adverts or seeing the construction them selves.IMO its impossible to always look at things from a fanboy POV because at the end of the day, its the 1000's of paying customers on the gate who really matter to the parks.

I think you miss the point slightly of Adam's post. The 1000's of paying guests may matter a lot to the park, naturally they would, but I don't think of what the 1000's of guests might like, I take what I like from an enthusiast perspective, as would most sane people on TPM, and discuss. Yeah Intamin get a bit of a bad rep on here sometimes but actually, Thorpe's Intamins are pretty damn solid and have propelled the park far faster then a normal B&M would have done. Now that time is starting to catch up on them, particularly Colossus, Inferno rides better all the time. You said it yourself to me via text Marc, how well its running.

If they were not good why would people come to ride them? Why would people tell their friends about them and so on making the park the success it is today.What fanboys and the general public think are good are 2 very different things.

To be fair though, the general public do that about most rides. The general consensus on theme park forums about Colossus and Stealth is that they are above average so I'm not to sure what you mean by this.

Yeah Intamin get a bit of a bad rep on here sometimes but actually, Thorpe's Intamins are pretty damn solid and have propelled the park far faster then a normal B&M would have done. Now that time is starting to catch up on them, particularly Colossus, Inferno rides better all the time. You said it yourself to me via text Marc, how well its running.

After running for 9 Hours yeah it was running well, I disagree times catching up on them though, IMO Colossus is running the best it has in years, whilst it still has the old problems of the restraints being abit of a pain, the ride its self runs well and is much smoother than it was 2/3 years ago.

To be fair though, the general public do that about most rides. The general consensus on theme park forums about Colossus and Stealth is that they are above average so I'm not to sure what you mean by this.

What I meant is the rides have to be half decent if there to have the effect, its no coincidence that 2004 and 2011 wernt great years for the park.