THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

Netting won't be much of an issue. There's very little parts of the ride that actually pass over the visitors' heads. Posted ImageThe apex of the inclined loop, the inverted section of the corkscrew, and a small section of track leading into the inline twist (though the latter section will be the lowest, so you can bank on netting appearing there). There'll also be netting over the queueline for the inline twist obviously, and that entire area has an open-air queue section all the way up to the tower.Interesting to see how this differs from Nemesis Inferno's queueline and walk-way area, where the riders get very up-close-and-personal to the ride. There are opportunities on The Swarm, but whether or not they'll feel as claustrophobic as say, feeling the rush of the train soar into the first corkscrew or watching it circle above your head in the first helix is another matter. I do like the Rickety Jetty themeing, and I'm intrigued as to how accessible it will be to the public because that's really where you can view the hub of the ride from. Also, the bottom of the drop is in close proximity to the walkway, the inline twist over the queue and, not forgetting, we'll be able to walk right up and hug those lovely B&M lift supports. :ninja:

Hi everyone it's been awhile since I last posted on here, I've been so busy checking out the latest updates on the official Swarm website and the Developers Diary on Facebook that it completely slipped my mind to check out everyone's comments on here! Well well what can I say they've done a fantastic job on The Swarm construction site what with the track being completed already and I can safely say it's looking awesome I seriously cannot wait until March now to ride this monster! :wub: It'll look even better when the theming is done aswell, it's shaping up to pottencially be Thorpe Parks best rollercoaster yet I think!

Steel and mesh surrounding the entire area worked perfectly for Raptor. Yet of course makes Saw's queueline even more burdenous. So it's 50/50.I'm more hoping that there's a decent soundtrack to couple up with the ride.

Exactly. It looks awesome around Raptor's area, but as you say, Saw's is overkill and looks plain awful and... colourless (not just aesthetically). There's no 'threat' or anything ominous about being filtered through a cattle-pen around a shed where there's no interaction with the train/cars.

I'm more hoping that there's a decent soundtrack to couple up with the ride.

Same, I've thought a lot about this. I hope it has a strong main theme, and not just a few ambience tracks like Saw. Also, I was thinking a really dramatic, haunting choral theme would be brilliant inside the station, with it being a church. I was thinking something along the lines of that track that was used for FN park entrance a few years ago, but slightly softer perhaps. It's annoying this will be one of the last things we'll find out about :wub:

There was a video I watched on YouTube not long ago that had what I'd imagine to be the ideal The Swarm soundtrack. Oddly enough it was a video for Raptor, so I can't be sure if maybe the music was linked to that ride somehow. Perhaps someone who's been to Gardaland can confirm if Raptor has a soundtrack?EDIT: Found the video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCVkvFediMMMusic like THAT pls Merlin. :wub: And maybe more chiming in the way of those church bells; they work really well with the choir. :P

There was a video I watched on YouTube not long ago that had what I'd imagine to be the ideal The Swarm soundtrack. Oddly enough it was a video for Raptor, so I can't be sure if maybe the music was linked to that ride somehow. Perhaps someone who's been to Gardaland can confirm if Raptor has a soundtrack?EDIT: Found the video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCVkvFediMMMusic like THAT pls Merlin. :P And maybe more chiming in the way of those church bells; they work really well with the choir. :o

Cough...

This is part of the soundtrack (though the actual ride lacks the constant RAPTOR as heard in the video above, replacing it instead with THIS IS RAPTOR :wub:), that video Sidders posted has good music, but is defo not Raptor's.However, agreed that it could suit Swarm... Maybe add in some laser and explosion SFX and we'll be laughing.

Same, I've thought a lot about this. I hope it has a strong main theme, and not just a few ambience tracks like Saw. Also, I was thinking a really dramatic, haunting choral theme would be brilliant inside the station, with it being a church. I was thinking something along the lines of that track that was used for FN park entrance a few years ago, but slightly softer perhaps. It's annoying this will be one of the last things we'll find out about :wub:

Would love something like that with church bells and maybe organ playing but not like kinda cheesy or mocking like Vampire at Chessie something which is really haunting, I'm getting so excited now!EDIT: I've found the official soundtrack!

If it was me in charge, I'd have on-ride audio with whatever noise "The Swarm" make when they're swarming about (Maybe some sort of distorted buzzing, with sounds of being shot at and engines failing and starting again as you glide through the elements... Maybe the sound of crashing as you enter the brake-run)And then just, simple, eerie music played throughout the island.

The ambience in that video is pure brilliance, A-Kid. And I love the idea of the distorted buzzing, and perhaps that bass tone that's appeared at the end of all the promotional clips thus far, but I think a ghostly chanting choir would be brilliant touch to something like Krake's strings section, with violent interruptions from the ambience, and none too tacky, (like the idea of the organ).Another possibility is that, with all this governmental interference with the whole The Swarm thing, is that there's a lot of ambience of helicopters, war sirens and explosions.