THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

They are amazing! They look utterly evil - I love the industrial armour plating style stuff in the penultimate photo, the graphical finish is excellent (especially on the wheel guards), and the LEDs look brilliant. Any other Fallout 3 players notice the resemblance to Enclave helmets?!My camera is gonna be busy on opening day :wub:

OMFG!!!They are awful. LOL JK THEY'RE FREAKIN' AWESOME! :):D :D *drools*They are simply amazing :wub: Wow!!!! Look just like they do on the poster, if not, better. The face is so scary and ugly which works brilliantly! And the LEDs! Yay! Ooh and they're all new and shiny ^_^Well done Thorpe!

Where has this all come from?! :) Fantastic ride layout with great theming and crazy looking trains, I've never seen Merlin do something this consistent and of such amazing quality. Whoever or whatever team has been in charge of this project need to be given lots of praise, I hope they know just how well they've done :wub:

I notice a small change in the train design from Raptor too, with the inside seat's arm protector. Actually looks beter here at Thorpe.If you haven't been lucky enough to ride Raptor yet, you're gonna be SO happy that we have a wing rider in the UK. Certainlly a reason for UK enthusiasts to get excited.Now I wonder if we have any more suprises awaiting us on this baby? :wub:

Oh my god! They are amazing!!! Anyone noticed his the eye LED's look like they scan back and forth? Just wow. These must be the best looking trains ever.

It does definitely look like there are about 5 separate LEDs in each eye; and to think we were doubting we'd get LEDs for eyes, looks like we have light up eyes and some form of red LED swarm weaponry! Awesome stuff.

Trains are great, kept true to the concept art and all that BUT I'm still grumpy about the apparent lack of cover over the station. One of the things that puts SAW into the positive is the fantastic claustrophobic feeling you get in the station which is just perfect. And while I am pretty certain that the boarding part of the Swarm's station isn't going to be that good, I would like at least bit of cover, atmosphere, lighting and all the rest of it. I put my faith in you Thorpe park.

Oh quit whining, there's not gonna be a roof! The church is a ruin! The roofs of churches almost always get blown off in an explosion. Just look at World War II!Coming back to the trains...OH-MY-HOLY-GOD...*hallelujah plays in the background as I stare and drool at the picture in awe*THIS LOOKS SO FREAKING AWESOME! AND LEDS TOO! THORPE YOU HAVE PULLED OFF A FREAKING BEAST OF A COASTER! THIS IS GONNA BE TOO INTENSE TO CALL IT CRAP!

Edited by Mer9

Trains are great, kept true to the concept art and all that BUT I'm still grumpy about the apparent lack of cover over the station. One of the things that puts SAW into the positive is the fantastic claustrophobic feeling you get in the station which is just perfect. And while I am pretty certain that the boarding part of the Swarm's station isn't going to be that good, I would like at least bit of cover, atmosphere, lighting and all the rest of it. I put my faith in you Thorpe park.

But conversely, I don't think an alien creature would be so destructive as to bring a aircraft and helicopter down from the sky and wreck a church but be delicate enough to leave some sort of roof behind. There is creating atmosphere but then there is sticking to theme. If Stealth's station was undercover then I'd feel the same, yes you can have more atmosphere indoors but I have never seen a racetrack with an enclosed starting grid. :wub:

It's like Raptor's trains decided to have rump-pumpy with the Cylons of Battlestar Galatica fame...And LEDs... Interesting, but will they be fixed if/when they break? [/cynical]Back to the Church arguement, it's uncoveredness can be annoying in certain physical aspects, but it suits the post-apocalyptic theme perfectly... So apples and oranges really, sometimes the visual aspect can limit things...