THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

The seats won't be comfy when they're wet! Bloody roofless station...

:wub: I'm saying nothing....I agree, those LED's are going to look fantastic at night and maybe create some great 'artsy' photo oppertunities.With this addition it kind of gives some balance as you come out of the dome and into the park with the Colossus on your left and The Swarm on the right with NI towards the back alongside Stealth, the picture below sort of illustrates this (obviously minus Swarm :) )Then again it might just be the anestheticPosted Image

I just realised, when looking at the LED close up photo on my phone, that there are also some LED lights on the back section of the car, not sure on the rest though. I wonder how many other LEDs there are that have been hidden from camera view. Should be interesting to see it in person. Also, I don't think that is how it will look like when it opens, as the concept art depicts the head having a portion of white on it. I'm thinking they will do the same thing with stealth's trains and paint the rest of it here. But that's just me.

OH HEY THERE, TOPIC! Didn't see you there! How'd you get brushed under the carpet like that?It's very kind that our members are taking the time to answer other members' questions that naturally, will deviate from the preferred topic of conversation in this forum - what kind of forum would we be otherwise!? :) (CF :wub:) - but, if it's possible, please keep on the topic of The Swarm's construction updates. There is a plethora of other forums that are far more appropriate to the discussion currently going on, and it'd be very nice and tidy if you could utilise the other facilities we offer - this is not the only forum on TPM.Thank you very muchly from all the ManiaHub Team :DEDIT: A number of posts have now been deleted from this forum's recent pages after continued ignorance of the forum's rules and regulations with regards to posting relevantly. Please stay on topic in the future to avoid being warned.

Hmm haven't posted in a while. My them trains are Sexy, I really can't wait, there's so much to come, signage, the stairs theming, SFX, all other effects, testing, hopefully finishing touches such as foliage any debris or minor touches, the toilets, retail outlet, mysterious helicopter, Jetty, food outlet etc etc theres a lot still to come :ninja: which is a good thing.

Thorpe will only have two, as with Inferno I would imagine. I don't know about Intamin's policy but B&M require the trains to be stripped after a maximum of 365 days since the last inspection regardless of mileage run, so given Thorpe have a long closed season within that time frame they can do both at once. Some parks have one more train than is ever on the circuit if they don't have much of a closed season and have to rotate trains. I guess there is similar reasoning behind Colossus' two trains, although with Intamin like I say I don't know what they actually stipulate.

I thought most of the helicopter would be orange. But at least there is a helicopter, that's great(and that andy guy on facebook can finally stay quiet).

The helicopter plans below compared with the faint colours that we can see in Diesel's photo seem to be a good match, top work on that as I had completely missed it :ninja:Posted Image

I love how, in these zoomed photos, the track makes the fire engine and the helicopter look like Tonka toys... The Swarm is just so BIG.

The Swarm look like a beast to the rest of it, even the station looks small. Looking back on the forum to when we all said wow that's a tall and big station now its like a needle in a haystack of swarm track.

hey, haven't posted in a while. I have been studying the pics of the trains and noticed that the lights on the eyes flash in a line if you get what I mean. have a look at the pics and you'll see that different lights are lit up in each picture. hope that helps anyone! :ninja: