THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

I said last year that Merlin are turning a corner...This proves it without a doubt, they've done back to the early Tussauds style, and it will pay dividends to how the parks begin to look in the future...It's almost a shame one side of the station will start looking like Inferno's volcano due to the lack of roof after a few times of heavy rain though... But I'd like them to put those gates on Vampire now please...

Wow, this looks immense. Only thing I would say though, does this not look too 'new' to any of you guys? Don't get me wrong I love it and it looks incredible, but after the Church roof has been ripped off, doesn't it all look a bit to spotless and tidy? I know Thorpe can only make the station look destroyed to a certain extent due to H&S but I do hope the themeing is scolded and burned like the plane fuselage just to make this devastation a bit more realistic.

You know it's incredible, when the only thing you can fault is that the wheels are too bright and don't quite match :(

I thought this made a positive effect, makes it look like 'The Swarm' has fangs :o... Random though going back a while, someone mentioned that they wished it was like Raptor with one head and the rest being body. My theory is that there are multiple heads to accommodate The Swarm story. its a trail of monsters swarming around the island, so essentially the train is 7 monsters following each other.

Wow, this looks immense. Only thing I would say though, does this not look too 'new' to any of you guys? Don't get me wrong I love it and it looks incredible, but after the Church roof has been ripped off, doesn't it all look a bit to spotless and tidy? I know Thorpe can only make the station look destroyed to a certain extent due to H&S but I do hope the themeing is scolded and burned like the plane fuselage just to make this devastation a bit more realistic.

I'd disagree about the floor. Just because there's devastation going on, and an alien race are attacking, it doesn't mean EVERYTHING is going to be damaged. Like one of the outside walls which some people were saying was 'too white'; even if a building's roof has been taken off, it doesn't mean everything has to look ruined. I think the floor adds to surroundings, and will age 'well' and suit the theme all the more. Also, the slight contrast in destruction and odd bit which is 'in tact' will make the destroyed pieces look even worse, if you get what I mean.

Oh my days! I cant wait to ride this! does that mean you queue over the track to get to the other side or are they going to let a certain number of people over each time?

Depends if they do the same as Raptor or not, and batch people into the station or just let it be the usual dash around... Considering this is now meant to have a front row queue, I would guess it does have the chance to queue above the station..