THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

If the opening day for Saw is anything to go by I am almost certain the queue will go beyond 2 hours, I remember befor Saw's opening day everyone on these fourms said the line should not be any longer then an hour yet it went up to about 3 hours or something ridiculous and that was befor it started to break down and close. If you want my advice id say get there early as I am almost certain you will have to wait at least two hours to get a ride on opening day.

I could be wrong, but wasn't Saw's opening day on a Saturday? Wednesday was the celeb/press preview, Thursday was the enthusiast day, Friday was the AP day and Saturday was the official opening day. That's why Swarm should hopefully have a relatively short queue, opening in the middle of the week as supposed to a weekend.

And Saw broke down on every single one of those days...Also, the weather will affect the queues let's not forget, Thirteen's opening was an absolute wash-out for the park due to the rain and the Uttoxeter derby... Combine that with throughput over the expected, and it ended up with 20 minute queues later on in the day...Of course, Swarm will probs have more people re-riding it (but maybe about the same amount disappointed ;)) throughout the day, but the simple loading should make it a relatively easy day on queues...

I could be wrong, but wasn't Saw's opening day on a Saturday? Wednesday was the celeb/press preview, Thursday was the enthusiast day, Friday was the AP day and Saturday was the official opening day. That's why Swarm should hopefully have a relatively short queue, opening in the middle of the week as supposed to a weekend.

This! Saw did open on a weekend, whilst I expect open weekend for The Swarm to see large queues, open day wont!

If the opening day for Saw is anything to go by I am almost certain the queue will go beyond 2 hours, I remember befor Saw's opening day everyone on these fourms said the line should not be any longer then an hour yet it went up to about 3 hours or something ridiculous and that was befor it started to break down and close. If you want my advice id say get there early as I am almost certain you will have to wait at least two hours to get a ride on opening day.

As has been pointed out, Saw opened on a warm Saturday and it's queue's were impacted by Stealth, Slammer, Rumba and Loggers all being closed . Unless Thorpe cock it up royally, most rides should be ready to go.For reference, Stealth opened in 2006 on a Wednesday, with one train and its maximum queue length was about 15 minutes.

Yes, but that last turn is hardly going to do anything. It reminds me of Rita's last corner, after the brakes but you just sort of amble round at a slow-ish speed. :D

That Rita turn around is the best part of the ride! ^_^It will go around that corner quite fast though, Raptor's similar looking turn into the break run really picked up a good amount of speed.