THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

^Proof?That's a bold statement to make when all you've seen is a viral fansite marketing gimmick. Fair to say it could be true but there's no firm evidence of any location.

Not only that but the work going on on that island recently suggests it is being readied for a coaster in 2012, oh and the MTDP.

Not only that but the work going on on that island recently suggests it is being readied for a coaster in 2012, oh and the MTDP.

Arguably, work has been going on on all 3 islands.. Also, the MTDP stated that Island C (aka, the island behind Flying Fish) and not Island A (island behind Stealth) would be used for the 2012 coaster. So yeah, your proof is little more than a slightly educated guess in my view...

well on this topic from what ive heard on other websites and forums it could be a launched wing rider protype hopefully on the exiting site of 130ft! despite this I'm not sure this is actual fact but having heard this on more than 3 or 4 websites with more or less the same story I'm hoping it should be something along the lines of this!!!!! :P

What we know so far is that LC12 may be 45-50 metres. To call that just scraping the height barrier is a bit daft because 150 -160ft is pretty high really. I've seen a coaster in Europe called Katun (didn't ride it because that was back when I didn't like thrill rides), that is 50 metres and it really does look massive . To see a coaster of that height in a UK park is rare, normally they are around 30 metres high. I'm just hoping that the council grant thorpe permission to build up to 50 metres.

Perhaps scraping was a bit extreme, but I think they would go up to 100 ft over the height barrier.

They have outlined in the MTDP that the 2012 coaster will not exceed 50m (~164ft) and the 2015 coaster will not exceed 40m (~131ft), which is at maximum 60ft above the height barrier (or 45ft, if the height barrier to 115ft like some have said in the past). But yeah, they can't go to about 100ft over the height barrier. Stealth was a special, one off thing if you will. Making more 'skyscraper high' rides will dwarf the other rides and make them seem futile. Also worth mentioning that, as the MTDP mentioned, the main island (basically, the entire part currently accessible to the public) probably won't exceed to height barrier, due to the positioning of the rides. However, on the further islands, they can have these specially placed high points, which cause minimal sight pollution to the surrounding area. Again, Stealth was an exception to the ruleAlso, mentioning the MTDP, whilst I was flicking through it a couple of days ago, it mentioned how when the coasters like Stealth (ie - tall ones) are painted to a colour that fits the sky, much like how Stealth was painted white, and this would be likely for other 'high' coasters. Just a thought...

Surely if Thorpe Park are allowed to break the height barrier on this coaster, they would take full advantage and make it "very high" rather than just scraping over the barrier. (above post said 130 ft)

Just because they are allowed this lee-way above the hight barrier does not mean they would be allowed to build something to the scale of Kingda Ka. Stealth was comprimised with its white tophat, I think we are damn lucky to be getting a coaster of an excess of 100ft!

A coaster that is around the 200ft mark will have to be painted white and will dwarf the other rides. We may very well have a lift hill on LC12 so a 200ft lift hill will look very out of place and would make Stealh look puny. 50 metres is a very good height and is on par with many american coasters which are around that height. We may finally have a coaster that is actually above 100ft, we should be thankful for that.