Ride Accidents

pluk

^That's horrible. Poor deer. It could have easily been a small child that had strayed onto the tracks, not a bambi. They need to build a higher peremiter fence if they cannot keep wildlife out.

I don't think you see many free children running about in the wilderness around the Ultimate but maybe you should email that one to them.

^That's horrible. Poor deer. It could have easily been a small child that had strayed onto the tracks, not a bambi. They need to build a higher peremiter fence if they cannot keep wildlife out.

It would be pretty impossible for a small child to access the track on T'Ultimate, given that it's nowhere near the pathways for 99% of the actual ride...

A higher perimeter fence won't make a difference either, not like the deer jumped over the thing...

Some people have no consideration of the fact that this poor deer had a life, a mate, maybe a family, but no, you're all just making jokes!

If this was a person, I doubt the reaction would have been the same.

What now? Really?

If the Venison I had for dinner a couple of days ago was a person I doubt I would have eaten it.

Some people have no consideration of the fact that this poor deer had a life, a mate, maybe a family, but no, you're all just making jokes!

I think Disney has brainwashed you into thinking wild animals have close friendships, relationships and maybe even financial issues.

I'm an animal lover, but it's one deer. It didn't suffer at all, in fact I doubt it knew what was happening when it got hit.

Two words: Natural Selection

If the deer wasn't so stupid to stand in front of a coaster track then it'd still be alive... Nature does try it's hardest to get rid of the stupid ones in a species (although unfortunately this doesn't work with humans 100% of the time), indeed, the deer will now know that if they wander into that area they will likely die, making the species smarter and more likely to survive in the future...

No the reaction wouldn't be the same, it would be "Why is a human being standing in front of a coaster when they have a higher brain function to know fight or flight when faced with a machine, rather than standing like a deer in headlights?"

The whole idea was that people were making jokes about a loss of life and it wasn't funny. That's all.

It is quite funny, not in itself maybe, but the silly little jokes are perfectly acceptable. The life of a dear is not comparable to a human, and even then there can be humour derived from death. It might come from a dark place, but it's a reasonable coping mechanism and some deathly situations are unavoidably funny. You are in for a long hard life if you're going to get upset about such things!

Anyway, back to ride accidents.

USA - Worker nearly decapitates himself while inspecting a cable car. Nasty, and saved by a colleague on an estop button.

Theres a video on youtube of a ranger ride travelling in the USA and the ride op guy does not check the safety bars at all. Not at all. So the customer has his safety bar open quite a bit and had to brace himself the whole way round and when he tried to confront the ride op the ride op just said "we only care about money" or something like that. The health and safety in the US is not as good as Europe!

Edited by GladiatorFanKyle

http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/10/10/6191584/german-executive-says-blame-rests.html

The blame game rumbles on in the 6flags death case. It's hard to tell where the truth lies, but it seems no one is going to take any real responsibility, which is a shame. The fact 6flags didn't use all the bits Gurst gave them doesn't show them in the best light, but we don't know what recommendations were given by Gurst in the first place so it's just impossible to know who's in the wrong. I imagine this won't be fully resolved for years.

It's not as clear cut as that. I would struggle to believe they were supplied things like the seatbelts and told they were essential for safe use and then didn't fit them, they must have been supplied as optional optional? We won't really know until it gets to court, but some ambiguity somewhere must have made this accident possible. I wonder if it could come down to a mis translation from German to English?

• 3 weeks later...