pluk

Ride Accidents

I appreciate that the report is from Reddit, but even if you take it with a massive pinch of salt, it's still completely inexcusable. Awful, awful reading.

It's one thing for someone to be killed on a ride but another for the family to witness it and be trapped directly facing them. Looking at it in the least worse possible way, it is corporate manslaughter. This should be in a "Ride Negligence" topic as it's not accidental in my opinion. They knew the ride was unfit for operation and it was run with complete disregard for safety, someone was bound to be hurt there sooner or later.

14 hours ago, Stuntman707 said:

It's one thing for someone to be killed on a ride but another for the family to witness it and be trapped directly facing them. Looking at it in the least worse possible way, it is corporate manslaughter. This should be in a "Ride Negligence" topic as it's not accidental in my opinion. They knew the ride was unfit for operation and it was run with complete disregard for safety, someone was bound to be hurt there sooner or later.

Completely agree - can’t even begin to imagine witnessing people trapped on a ride where the outcome is likely to be fatal and being unable to do anything - horrific - even more so if it’s a loved one 

Kmg not having a good time atm, which is a shame as I like them as a manufacturer. This tango Obviously has malfunctioned quite badly to end up there

ACBC7445-B005-4690-BFE1-5E201057CD44.png

What on earth?! From the lack of other damage I guess the ride has parked itself upsidedown in a controlled way, rather than having crashed down? If it fell from the hight it runs at I'm sure it'd be in peices.

In probably unrelated news, a swing ride in India has broken apart killing a girl of 8 and critically injuring others. Reports of spectators being trapped under the ride and others injured in a stampede trying to leave.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/342093-young-girl-dies-eight-injured-after-ride-collapses-in-karachi-park

I'm guessing some sort of KMG knock off and not a real one? Can anyone confirm?

Edit - better pictures suggest it is a knock-off Fabri Evolution.

On 7/15/2018 at 11:26 PM, pluk said:

What on earth?! From the lack of other damage I guess the ride has parked itself upsidedown in a controlled way, rather than having crashed down? If it fell from the hight it runs at I'm sure it'd be in peices.

In probably unrelated news, a swing ride in India has broken apart killing a girl of 8 and critically injuring others. Reports of spectators being trapped under the ride and others injured in a stampede trying to leave.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/342093-young-girl-dies-eight-injured-after-ride-collapses-in-karachi-park

I'm guessing some sort of KMG knock off and not a real one? Can anyone confirm?

Edit - better pictures suggest it is a knock-off Fabri Evolution.

It was a computer malfunction, that caused the tango to get stuck, they were unable to release the gondala arm and brakes after the issue, but could lower the ride for evac, notice one of the riders is stuck upside down ?

The ride according to rcdb is 30.2ft tall at its highest point, so the train did well to be stuck 50ft in the air - classic lazy fake news BBC!