pluk

Ride Accidents

Sadly I'm going to have to bring up this topic up again due to the fact of a amusement park accident this January. The back 2 restraints opened on a 360 rotating pirate ship! Due to the nature of the video, it is currently under spoiler tags!

This is actually fairly old, not from this Jan, don't no exactly when though.

Weird looking ride that, anyone recognise it? Also, imagine having to die to that awful music.

Sadly I'm going to have to bring up this topic up again due to the fact of a amusement park accident this January. The back 2 restraints opened on a 360 rotating pirate ship! Due to the nature of the video, it is currently under spoiler tags!

The ride looked pretty unsafe anyway!

Just wondering, did anyone fall out or was there no one in that row?

In Saudi Arabia all rides operated by a particular manufacturer have been ordered to close after an accident which injured some children, but it does not state which manufacturer.

This is as a result of this incident, where a drop tower has failed and fallen to the floor with no apparent emergency braking or cushioning.

The seats rotate like the new tower at Paultons, but I can't name the manufacturer from that, it may be a regional knock off company?

Its so odd that, that girl died on Hydro at Oakwood 9 years ago, its gone so fast, RIP Hayley Williams

Perilous Plunge. Never heard of an incident but yes it was removed to make way for 3 new attractions to regenerate the area, not because of an accident.

Ah alright! Well either way it has operated since then so that wasn't the cause of the closure. :)

Meanwhile in America, Disney don't show themselves in the best light safety wise...

http://www.scpr.org/news/2013/04/16/36847/disneyland-faces-fines-after-worker-hurt-in-park-r/

Soarin' and Space Mountain remain closed after some mostly non specified citations, probably means some sort of remedial work is necessary.

Maybe they'll announce it as a "$5million upgrade plan" ;)

And another from America, having a bad carnival week

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-05-20/carnival-ride-accident-witnesses-urged-to-come-forward/4699324

Seems he may not have been tall enough to ride

http://m.smh.com.au/queensland/injured-boy-may-be-have-been-too-small-for-carnival-ride-20130519-2juhy.html?skin=iphone

Love those rides, which I've always known as a spinning penny. There used to be one at Butlins Bognor, I seem to remember very loose solid bar restraint and you really had to hold on.

Oh dear...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-22745094

_67930617_faircollapse3.jpg

A hearts and diamonds / round up by the looks of it. Looks like the platform structure under the ride connecting it to the paybooth is what has given way, not the ride itself, but I imagine that the jolt from that fall would be enough to throw the riders around. No restraints while riding these.

This is a question to satisfy my curiosity. Has a drop tower ever failed to break at the bottom? I find them terrifying just because of the possibility of crashing into the ground, whereas on a coaster the track will prevent that happening. I'm sure there's lots of brake failure safety systems in place?

This is a question to satisfy my curiosity. Has a drop tower ever failed to break at the bottom? I find them terrifying just because of the possibility of crashing into the ground, whereas on a coaster the track will prevent that happening. I'm sure there's lots of brake failure safety systems in place?

There is one with a little clip on this post, the same sort that one of the smaller UK parks installed last year I believe (Lava or something? Where's that?). But it looks to be a failure of the ride itself rather than the braking system, if that makes sense?

You have more chance of being ejected from your seat than the ride failing to stop, still unlikely though.