Canada Creek Railway: The Bear Hunt

Mark9

• 2 months later...

seriousl miss the days of CCR going to the farm, always liked it over the ferry that use to go from the old model village from the pre-stealth days.Wonder if they will ever find a practical use for CCR again one day? the Island can't get much bigger but I would CCR to be able to do a loop of the island through bits of ride like it does by the lift on Saw: the ride.

• 6 months later...

No there are signs around the park confirming it :(I don't have childhood memories of Thorpe like some here but it's a nice ride to take a break on and has been at the park for 22 years, it is such a shame to see it going :(Definitely need to ride this at the end of season meet, maybe even make it the last ride (and even try to be the last guests, which should be easy I imagine). :) Very sad news!

Thorpe are dumb ass mo fo's sometimes. Spend a decent sum on money a couple of years directing it around Saw, keeping something traditional in the park with a bit of heart and soul about it, but decide to rip it out now just as they are about to try and push themselves to the fore with The swarm.No wonder people accuse Thorpe of being a concrete hell hole with no class or style about it. Angry.

Might as well have a minimum height restriction at the park entrance nowadays.What's it now? Rapids, Teacups, Rocky Express, Carousel and Banana Boat? I know it doesn't fit the target market, but kids still get taken to Thorpe.CCR was always good for relaxing on at any rate, it had a role at Thorpe in being NOT an intense ride for about 5 minutes sit-down. sigh...

Liam, Lauren and I (well me, and them two agreed) came up with an idea of what could possibly happen in the forthcoming years. They will clear the CCR and where there is available space, build one of the proposed flat rides. The queue line will either be situated over some of the space the CCR already takes up, or it will be partially situated in the old area of Miss Hippo's Fungle Jungle Safari and stretch up to where the flat ride is. I know nothing is set in stone, but that seems like a pretty decent move for Thorpe by using old unwanted space and placing a flat out of the way without clogging up the already cramped main ride areas...

Surely Swarm island needs a support flat before one is wedged in right next to two other flats? It's a fairly useless long thin strip anyway, other than what is under Saw / Loggers, which is obviously dead ground due to what is above it.Closed, I'm sure, to save operating costs now rather than with any plans or thought behind it for the future.

Well....this is certainly a bolt from the blue, considering it was only re-tracked in 2009.I guess due to running costs, target audience and other factors it's just not fitting in with the parks blueprint. I thought railways were an essential part of any theme park and at 22 years old this ride has just about seen everything (theme park development wise)A crying shame as I love smaller guage in-park railways.... :)

So sad ;) CCR is the only 'relaxed' ride in the park in my opinion. Yes you have the sunken gardens... but even there you hear Stealth and even more the Swarm next year. Wonder what the main reason was for this decision. Give it a few years and Thorpe may as well be owned by Six Flags (of course this won't happen), well not even that as Six Flags have kids rides too. It's just so frustrating that Merlin feel Thorpe just needs thrill after thrill after thrill. It doesn't, it needs a majority of thrill rides with the few filler rides for everyone in the family. *major sigh* :)

A very sad day for me. This is basically the only ride that I've ridden my entire life; well, since I was 6 weeks old. CCR always has had an honorary space on my Top 5 Thorpe rides as it is something that I just enjoy that much. To hear that it will finally bite the dust is pretty darn saddening to be honest.Well, at least I've got the memories from it! Posted Image

Might as well have a minimum height restriction at the park entrance nowadays.What's it now? Rapids, Teacups, Rocky Express, Carousel and Banana Boat? I know it doesn't fit the target market, but kids still get taken to Thorpe.CCR was always good for relaxing on at any rate, it had a role at Thorpe in being NOT an intense ride for about 5 minutes sit-down. sigh...

It's heading that kind of way tbh. There is a domino effect from this. The more family rides are taking way, the more families realise younger children aren't welcome anymore. The less younger children go, the less small rides like this will be ridden and Thorpe will start to lose money on operational costs like they have here. Then inevitably, more rides will be closed. Give it 10 years, it literally will only be thrills, thrills and thrills.