Canada Creek Railway: The Bear Hunt

Mark9

3 hours ago, JoshC. said:

The area is now used by Landscaping (for cultivating plants) and by Waste Management (for managing waste).

If I wanted cultivated plants...

I agree the railway should still be in use, by which I mean it should never have been retired not that there is any prospect of them restoring it.

Also the 4 locomotives (one from treasure island days) and carriages are probably not in good shape now. They been left in a shed which kept the rain off but not climate controlled or anything, also if they left fluids in the engines it might not be good now due to lack of running and maintenance. I think the last engine that ran was the treasure island engine pushing the platform 15 stuff into place before the rest of the track was ripped up. Thorpe did try to sell the engines but got no buyer (either due to condition or price is unknown), so sadly apart from some of the rails and maybe the coaches, pretty much everything else would need to be replaced. Let alone theres nowhere the track can go now.

13 hours ago, 1729 said:

Let alone theres nowhere the track can go now.

Surely track could still run from the existing station, along the perimeter of the park as it used to, turning towards the old treasure Island and meet up with the new as yet unused island? Another station there would actually give it a purpose.

Not that they should or would do that, but I'm sure they could do if they really wanted. 

21 minutes ago, pluk said:

Surely track could still run from the existing station, along the perimeter of the park as it used to, turning towards the old treasure Island and meet up with the new as yet unused island? Another station there would actually give it a purpose.

The major issue (ignoring that the station is for FN mazes as they could work around that if they really wanted to) would be how they'd have the train return to Old Town. There's no space for a loop now so that a train could return to the station facing the direction it would need to leave. They could go for trains which run in both directions but would end up with a completely different feel/

32 minutes ago, JoshC. said:

The major issue (ignoring that the station is for FN mazes as they could work around that if they really wanted to) would be how they'd have the train return to Old Town. There's no space for a loop now so that a train could return to the station facing the direction it would need to leave. They could go for trains which run in both directions but would end up with a completely different feel/

Plenty of room on the derelict loggers site, surely?

A pointless conversation though, ain't ever happening!

3 minutes ago, pluk said:

Plenty of room on the derelict loggers site, surely?

In theory, I guess yeah. But it would either mean reusing the old site and killing off Platform 15 (a bit of track at the start of the maze is workable, track throughout the whole maze much harder), killing off Creek Freak Massacre or building the track over water (very expensive). So not impossible, but just very impractical / expensive however they did it.

3 minutes ago, pluk said:

A pointless conversation though, ain't ever happening!

We're in Closed Season - of course it's time for pointless conversations! ;) 

Tbh when CCR closed only 1 loco was operational, all the others needed major engine work completing due to age /neglect/ lack of maintenance/wear and tear tbh a boat service to return would be easier for the park logistically, aside from the need for qualified operators, ( reason boats departed in 1st place)