The SWARM Merchandise

Marc

Thorpe Parks newest ride, The Swarm is to feature On Ride video's of its victims as they brave the ride, and Thorpe Park have asked for their biggest fans input into the final product, you!Obviously, the core footage of the DVD will you be on the ride, but what else would you like to see included on the DVD?Post your thoughts here!

Some off-ride footage would be great, and I think if the effects we're all hoping for materialise then these would look brilliant included in an off-ride segment. Also perhaps some general shots of the queue and ride area which show the ambience around the ride - kind of like the queue and building scenes in this rather good Saw video below:

Not something that I'd like to be included within the DVD, but a general view about the DVDs:I'd like it if they were available when the ride first opens, as opposed to a couple of months later, a la Saw..

Wow, somebody really loves their on-ride videos!As they have the timelapse footage from the construction site, could they include a little 'making of' montage of some kind? Or yeah, as others have said, some Lez Cougan's videos would be nice. :P

I'd like them to have some cameras in there that somehow film everyone before the ride and some quality reactions after and then like some footage of you queueing up and hopefully looking nervous and what you say, the ride, then flickers back to you before it (off ride footage), some of the pov and then maybe your reactions and of other peoples as they come out :P

I wouldn't say I love them, but it makes sense.After all, the park don't open the on-ride photos late, so why should they with their on-ride videos? That, and I'd like to see my facial expressions first time.. Posted Image

Surely an on-ride video requires much more time and effort than an on-ride photo does though? I mean, for a start they have to record the off-ride footage including the scenery and surrounding area, which (using Saw's construction as a guide) could be completed just days before opening. Although I'll admit, months later is a bit extreme...Also, it would be good if they could include a copy of that video with the personalised missing wall and shots of your house but mix in shots of your face on the actual ride too. It'd be like your own mini trailer for the ride!

^With Saw's though, the pre-footage bit didn't show much any new footage that they hadn't already recorded for internet virals (I think), so it could've been feasible. I guess where the concept was new though, it is understandable. It does depend on what else they include, but I would really hope and like that it was up and running more or less when the ride opens, or at least within the first week (to be reasonable). :P

A special feature of two could be hidden on the DVD as easter eggs. An interview with some of the designers or a short promo video, for example. Bonus features always feel more fun when they are hidden at first!I have never bought an on-ride video because it looks too much like an excuse to shove more marketing in your face, with the footage being quite brief. I may consider buying one if it has more personal content.

I'd like it if they were available when the ride first opens, as opposed to a couple of months later, a la Saw..

Stuff always crops up with DVD technology. Air DVD has been in process of being produced since July. It opened last week, and only survived a day before needing more technical work to it.I presume this is why they're always late opening/disappear with technical issues. It's still new stuff, so takes a while

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to see it done quite cheaply tbh. I am never going to pay around a tenner for a DVD that is a bit of a novelty that'll hardly ever get watched, would much rather they knocked out an emailed file of the footage for a couple of quid. Beyond the installation of the equipment there would be no real costs for the park (run it of customer operated terminals no need for staff or burning, cds, packaging etc) and at a low low price I think the uptake would be huge. They would make a lot more money over all doing that than having the relative few forking out an extortionate rate.

Self operated terminals is something that I've seen at Busch Gardens and works really well, giving you all sorts of cropping and zooming features for an on-ride photo, and being able to view and order your DVD. It's often something that I've wondered; if the UK going public would be able to face it!

Self operated terminals is something that I've seen at Busch Gardens and works really well, giving you all sorts of cropping and zooming features for an on-ride photo, and being able to view and order your DVD. It's often something that I've wondered; if the UK going public would be able to face it!

Don't be silly, some of the UK public can't even work out turnstiles.And it won't be cheap, it will be over-priced and make me look awful. There however will be a market for it in the non-enthusiast side of things, and one of my cousins does have a rather epic Saw on-ride DVD that was hilarious.I'll say £10 for the DVD, perhaps £12 for a combo on ride photo.