Improving Thorpe Park

Ryan

Now the season's pretty much over, what would you like to see them change/add in the closed season for next year (other than The swarm of course :glare:)Music / sound system - I think they need to decide on what route to go down, the chart music or ride themes music. I would hope that they have chart music (the UK top 20) played at the entrance to the park. I also hope they bring back all ride theme music and keep that going throughout the season. A lot of the speakers around the park are broken, the amount of times I've been in stealth queue for them to suddenly stop is just silly. Fresh lick of paint - I noticed around the park yesterday that a lot of areas are looking run down and at a poor standard. The main saw the ride sign in the plaza was looking awful yesterday with it fading a lot and the light flickering, a fresh coat of paint over this would be great. Colossus was also looking very poor, especially the supports looking run down, some paint on this would be great too! The entrance - This is more what I hope they solely work on at the end of the 2013 season, but there was just a black board up yesterday and no welcome sign etc. A nice sign up and maybe some colour wouldn't go a miss, although not too much because a brand new entrance in 2013 with water fountains etc is what I'm hoping for.There's just a couple of points off the top of my head, what do YOU want to see them do in closed season?

I'd like to see any Sound/ FX being repaired (excluding Tidal Wave's fireball) so the rides are enjoyable off or on ride.A touch of paint is defiantly something I would like to see, Colossus just looks so run down and worn out. That and most of the rides fencing need to be repainted.A new entrance is something I would definatly like to see, but not necessarily too soon... Anything up to 3 or 4 years is worth waiting I think. So yeah, pretty much what Ryan said. But most importantly, The Time Voyagers cinema needs to be re themed because walking in to see pirates on the walls really kills the atmosphere. o.O

As already said, sort the music out. Have chart music playing at the turnstiles and then to act as a good break point, go to the ride themes from the bridge onward. I personally don't think the the Saw sign looking faded and a flickering light is too bad; again, Thorpe's good ol' "themes which can degrade overtime but still look good", they've honed it to a fine art park wide really. -_-

-Audio is my main bug bear. -Colossus paint job would be nice, especially as it's 10 next year, but I wouldn't be THAT fussed if it wasn't (same in case of Inferno).-Entrance refurb would be nice, but I'd prefer them to not rush that, so if it is worth waiting for, them I'm fine.Not something I'd like them to do over closed season, but still something for next season nonetheless:-Some sort of actors/mascot(s) roaming around the park (heck, even having a Lez Cougan in Swam's area would be great). Little bits of entertainment like that go a long way.

Colossus repaint definitely, it looks hideous. It wouldn't be so bad but it's so intertwined with the pathways that it's really noticeable. I think what's worse about it though is the "swamp" water underneath the Cobra... I presume that's meant to be clean and fresh looking, or is it not even meant to have water there? I've never know it any different...As Original Glazed said, I think the flickering sign for SAW and shabby paintwork on it adds to the effect. I think something I would want to see myself is a general tidy of X:\ I found the way out, as that looks bleak inside. So many paint scuffs and chips in the walls it's not pleasant. Equally, I think Stealth's queue line could use some work. Especially in the extensions the fences are old and quite knackered and the paving isn't great in places; especially with SWARM coming, and one entrance to it being underneath Stealth (which is looking nice by the way Thorpe!) I think it could use the TLC to improve it and make it more presentable.

Following on from Marc, one year, and no rush, I'd like to see Samurai (and Slammer to some degree) themed to fit into an area. Samurai in my opinion would make an excellent SAW-Style flat ride if they move the entrance round to the path into SAW Plaza. Slammer I'm less sure about.I just think in that area you have Colossus that needs a repaint and a tidy, then Samurai needs fitting in somehow. And agreed, the area needs opening up "better" between Canada Creek and Lost City as without CCR dividing it, it will be very open..

With ccr going I'd like to see the area between Canada creek and lost city opened up as much as possible, would create a nice big open space

Yeah I'd like to see this as well.I know it won't be likely to happening over the course of the time it's closed until it reopens but I'd love that if some point that...- As Marc said, CC and LC is opened up for a big open space so each land is easier to distinguish what goes where.- The removal of Mrs Hippo's Safari (or whatever it's name is) to make room for possibly a new flat or an extension to CC or CQ.- A re-theme or removal of X No Way Out to either be themed to AQ or Lost City because it's a bit stuck in the middle.- Some lick and paint for fences and the Thorpe Park shop.- Some refurb on Nemesis and Colossus which is much needed.I'd overall like just each ride to be known to what area belongs to and themed to the area. Also for The Swarm, is that becoming a brand new area or just one area for a ride? Or do we know if it's going to have an apocalyptic theme throughout with eventually new flats being added or?

In a park that has over the years increasingly shunned established areas, it's rather odd that people think they should be trying to steer back in that direction. With Swarm next year, it's rather hard for it to fit in with its closest area Amity Cove and no matter what you may think, Saw does not fit in with Canada Creek.

I feel the whole entrance including turnstiles and pay kiosks need to be made into a concert style venue! Such as the o2 style! In the layout and structure of some of the buildings/Buildings you associate with concert venues. Including large screens on sides, showing music videos and the temporary stage associated with concerts! Because that is what Thorpe parks audience is like, they want fast rides and great music!

In a park that has over the years increasingly shunned established areas, it's rather odd that people think they should be trying to steer back in that direction. With Swarm next year, it's rather hard for it to fit in with its closest area Amity Cove and no matter what you may think, Saw does not fit in with Canada Creek.

I find it interesting in terms of this is what the fans want to see a return to in an "Improving Thorpe Park" thread. It's true that the park are now more about themed attractions rather than cohesive areas but I wouldn't call it odd that fans would rather have themed areas.I think I would start over with the "link" to finally rid the zoning issues it's plagued with, once and for all. I know this is an extremely time consuming and expensive option, but it's really just not good enough from a park as ambitious as Thorpe. Not just for themed music, but for infrastructure reasons too, you'd think that the park would have this down by now, five years down the line.I'd give Colossus the repaint it deserves because it looks like it's committing suicide every time a train rolls over the tracks. I'd give Inferno's station exterior and interior a bloody good steam clean/ repaint too (volcano is going green). There are lanterns inside the station that have been broken for years and it's making me want to rip it down. Lol!

I think Thorpe Parks opinion on themed areas is go to Disney or Port Aventura if that is what you want or come to Thorpe Park if you want thrill rides with a hint of theme! To be perfectly honest that’s what I think their belief is! I am not saying they are telling customers to go away however I doubt Thorpe park will ever be a themed area theme park again, It could possibly turn into Blackpool Pleasure Beach, which is a mix match of themes everywhere! I would like to see the lake have water features and special lighting, to add to the atmosphere, also could do with changing all entrance signs round! I.e. Entrance to stealth is now the old fastrack and the fastrack is now the old entrance queue! If you understand that comment you go to Thorpe Park enough times! For those who don't understand Thorpe Park sells more fastrack than there are people in the queues, or at least it feels like that anyway!

I know Thorpe's turning into more of a theme park for thrillseekers but something like more fountains on the lake and water features like someone else said would be nice to see and make it more aesthetically pleasing Posted Image

The Swarm is on a whole new Island though and it's reasonably separate unlike Lost City and Amity Cove there's no separation, with the Swarm island there's a bridge. But anyway I'd prefer them to have themed areas, that's just my personal preference because I like it to be organized that way. And I didn't even think Saw was part of Canada Creek anymore, I thought SAW and SAW Alive were just a separate island in itself. Anyway there was another issue I wanted to raise but I've forgotten what it was ugh. Posted Image

I think Thorpe really need to properly make clear that it is an amusement park rather than a theme park. This is the problem when it decides to go away from being a theme park to not caring, as of course the rides still all have a theme.What they need to do is make the park pleasant. I approve of the Fountain idea above me tbh. Removing CCR allows potential for a nice sheltered area at the station for picnics as well I think.