Improving Thorpe Park

Ryan

Here are the improvements that I think the park would benefit from:SAW ISLAND - A bit more theming and props in the ride and maze. Also all the models in Saw the ride made to look like real people, not test dummies. - Improvement of the indoor section of the ride - Less but still some smoke in Saw Alive. Colossus - Re paint of track - Clean up of the whole area - Medusa fountain thing fixed - Another new water feature near the cobra rollNEMESIS INFERNO - Clean up and maintaining the tunnel smoke. - Shorten the name to "INFERNO"STORM SURGE - Improvements made to the structure and THEMING. PROPER THEMING!!!STEALTH - Make the launch smoke a permanant effect. Also add some racing scenery to the queue to make it more interesting.X:/ NO WAY OUT - Complete retheme of the ride, along the lines of an egyptian pyramid. - The ride section of the building should all be full of loud horror music, (theme music for the ride) major strobe lighting and smoke effects. The strobe lighting I am thinking of could maybe give off a similar effect to the Asylum maze, because that would be good on a ride. - The indoor queueline could be made into a horror maze to get to the ride with one or two actors, but not many.DEPTH CHARGE - Name change (Just to give it a fresh feel to it)LOGGERS LEAP - Name change and new sound effects in the tunnel. Also make the tunnel pitch black once again.ALL FLAT RIDES - General spruce up and removal of chewing gum on the fences and floor of the queuelines. Also rename Quantum.PARK AUDIO - NO chart music inside the park (apart from on fireworks because that is a special event)GENERAL PARK AREA - Make the park area look more up to date, modern and cleaner. Maybe add a fountain somewhere similar to Pleasure Beach Blackpool because that works well and it is a good place to meet people.I think the park would benefit from these changes a lot.In my opinion the less recognised rides in the park (I.e: Quantum, depth charge and loggers leap) should have name changes just so that more people will go on them.:)

• - Repaint Colossus
  • - Re-furbish X No Way Out with new speakers in the queue line and ride section, also adding strobe effects and smoke machines into the ride section. (signs added outside the ride to warn riders about strobe effects)
  • - Lights & smoke machine added to Rumba Rapid's cave.
  • - Blue lighting in loggers leap tunnel
TBC

I think we can say that there won't be any repaints going on this closed season, at least for major rides. Surely they would've started by now?A Colossus repaints isn't really something that I feel is essential, but nonetheless would be good. I'd prefer them to sort it out in a couple of years time, maybe the 2013/14 closed season, and then not add any new rides for 2014. Then, in general, repaint / retheme / rename a couple of rides and bring some life back into older rides, rather than always focusing on something new. As for improving Thorpe this closed season, I'd really just like to see them sort out ride effects and audio. Give Canada Creek a little redesign, open it up a bit perhaps now CCR is gone, and just make sure the rides and their effects have the ability to last all season relatively smoothly. :)

I really like the idea of having more actors/ride staff in costume, I know it's more than not likely to happen because of the expenditure, just going to reiterate my points about what I feel needs to be improved, I know it's a thrill park, but this is what I want to happen! :) - Fix the whole sound system in the park, give it some atmosphere, no top 40 music, just the ride soundtracks.- Refurb Colossus, it's in dire need, it's gotten so rough it hurts my head. Nemesis could use one maybe soon too.- Add more theming to Storm Surge (or even better, remove it! :) ) and add more theming to Stealth. It is one of the major rides I feel really lacks. X and the Flying Fish have better theming as it stands. The idea is good but it needs more. What 'land' if we were going by lands does it belong to by the way?- More to the SAW islands and sort out the queue.- Sort out Rumba Rapids, get rid of the awful 'rumba' brand and bring it back to its former glory.- Get rid of the defunct Mrs Hippos Safari Ride or whatever and the rails of the CCR because, like someone else said, it's just horrible seeing rides that have died out to just sit there rotting away.- Change the 4D cinema into something that actually suits the place it belongs or get rid of it and put a new flat in there.- X No Way Out - Change the theme, KEEP it going backwards but remove the constant break stops, I like the idea of the themed pyramid idea of Egypt, then it can belong to Lost City as Storm Surge and X next to one another clash. Even though they've ditched the lands ideas now.- Clean up the park and the park entrance, new paint job to make it look newer, paint the rusty rails and remove chewing gum.I'll add more when I can think of them!

Another improvement which would make everybodies day soooo much better...MAKE THE STAFF SMILE! Whenever Ive been there Ive noticed they are so miserable. I know their just standing around all day, but smile, laugh, have a little fun with the guests, make both our and their own days better and more cheerful. :) Just a thought

Another improvement which would make everybodies day soooo much better...MAKE THE STAFF SMILE! Whenever Ive been there Ive noticed they are so miserable. I know their just standing around all day, but smile, laugh, have a little fun with the guests, make both our and their own days better and more cheerful. :) Just a thought

To be fair, you get a lot of great staff who do do just that. But that just shows up the miserable and inattentive few so much more. As a massive generalisation the worst culprits I find are the bag people, I appreciate it's probably not the most exciting job going, but how about serving me without chatting amongst yourself for once?

Not sure if I've mentioned it before, but there is a ride operator called James who has been there for the last two years and he is incredible! First time I saw him was on Saw: The Ride where he was singing Justin Bieber and High School Musical for us, the second time I saw him was on Storm Surge and he was dancing around. Although I did not see him on my last visit to Fright Nights, my friends did and they said that James shook their hands exclaiming that 'meeting them again had been an emotional roller coaster.' If a few more ride ops were like this then every bodies day would be massively improved and I really hope James stays at Thorpe for the 2012 season!