THE SWARM: In The Media

Marc

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't quite know where to put this, but some pleasing concept art Thorpe Park PitchBuild awareness and fuel excitement for Thorpe Park’s new roller coaster “The Swarm”Conspiracy Alternate Reality Game (ARG)By following clues and piecing together a conspiracy story from existing ‘real world’ and UCG content, users can discover the truth behind the conspiracy and earn the chance to be one of the first to experience the new “Swarm” ride.

post-3105-0-02132400-1323958499_thumb.jp

post-3105-0-21430800-1323958515_thumb.jp

Didn't quite know where to put this, but some pleasing concept on the mini site..Thorpe Park PitchBuild awareness and fuel excitement for Thorpe Park’s new roller coaster “The Swarm”Conspiracy Alternate Reality Game (ARG)By following clues and piecing together a conspiracy story from existing ‘real world’ and UCG content, users can discover the truth behind the conspiracy and earn the chance to be one of the first to experience the new “Swarm” ride.

where did those images come from??? Theswarm.com site?

Yeah where is this? Looks awesome

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Are they actually joking?So TP decide to stick a few old mannequins (probably left over from SAW) into the front row and say their LEGS BROKE OFF from hitting the church (even though it's plainly obvious from the image that that would never happen)!? (Also, it's plainly obvious to anyone with a pair of eyes that those are not test dummies, rather clothing mannequins, and that only the front row actually have arms and legs).It's just the useless, non-imaginative nonsense we've come to expect from TP- the marketing team have done fantastically with THE SWARM but its the public-relations side of things (such as these press releases) that really takes the biscuit.All these rubbish 'stories' are just desperate attempts to create attention in accordance with the brand to which TP has tried to conform recently-personally I don't even find the 'stupidity' and 'reckless-ness' of the brand appealing whatsoever- it's quite childish imo, and I'm right in the middle of their target age-band!Back on topic though, I did like the way towards the end of the article, the writer mentions all of the park's previous nonsense press-releases, and the general subtle patronising nature of the article :)Posted ImageEdit: really not sure about the plain white appearance of the majority of the wall! Boring much? Churches don't even usually have plain white exteriors; why make the wall so boring when the detail on the edges with the brick is so brilliant!?

Well, I believe there have indeed been issues with clearance around the station fly-over. This can be seen by the red spray painted area on the video Thorpe sent TPM. Here it is if you haven't seen it:

They've chosen to make the most out of the situation by doing a tongue-in-cheek PR stunt. What difference does it make to theme park fans in reality? Well I'd argue that it got us some extra official pictures of the ride. Beautiful! I never noticed the Swarm head was on every row until now. :)Posted Image

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2012/01/24/thorpe-park-rollercoaster-crash-test-dummies-lose-limbs-during-test-run-115875-23715373/Coincidence how The Mirror's article is near identical to The Telegraph's, and reeks of PR. But yeah, it's a good idea to exaggerate the actual minor clipping that occurred, miles better than Thorpe's previous PR "stunts"!

they should put the mannequin on the far left in the station, with a sign over it saying: "do you want to lose your limbs? then keep your arms and legs in!"actually looking at the picture, I'm beginning to think that maybe they may have used the mannequins for real. the water dummies can't show you the whole height stuff, so its definitely possible the'yd put in one row so that they can check the leg room

Is it true about the dummies on the ride hitting their arms on the plane wing and the church? I saw a few pictures in the news paper.

was the lost limbs a Publicity Stunt? D:

Is it true about the dummies on the ride hitting their arms on the plane wing and the church? I saw a few pictures in the news paper.

What's that I hear that's in the paper.test run dummies have all their limbs chopped off.

All taken from the Dev's Diary Facebook page. Yes, people are actually believing it... This kind of justifies the point I made in the 'Speculation and Theories' topic. As far fetched as this seems, it's working on the people!