THE SWARM: In The Media

Marc

Has anyone actually heard from the park regarding this, only 5 people much less than Saw - The Rides ride it first preview!

Not too sure to be honest. The competition closed Wednesday night, so if winners haven't already been contacted, it should be done quickly. Unless winners have already been contacted, and no one on here has won!I think the difference between this and Saw's event is the fact that it's joining on with the celebrity event. Saw's one was about the winners (don't have a clue at how many, possibly 50?) getting Saw to themselves for a couple of hours, whereas the celebrity event is much more 'special'.

I think these are some of the best adverts we have had for a new ride in this country since Nemesis and Oblivion. I absolutely love the noise the Swarm makes! And these are not your quick and easy sound effects, that sound have been created by a seriously good production studio!

The pounding You Me At Six theme sound will soundtrack the nervous queues, the gut wrenching ride and the groggy after-steps. It will then be available for survivors to download.

Does that mean we're getting on board audio!?I'm open-minded about this; it could be very good, or work against the park. However, I do believe Thorpe won't muck it up and will ensure the music fits perfectly with what they want. Also, what a great way to market it to loads of people, and get the music out there! However, I'm confused about this other band that are playing on opening day.. Why are they there, and why isn't it YM@S?

http://www.independe...es-7536342.html - The Swarm is to get its own song :D

Did you see this section?'The risk for rock stars branding theme park rides is that on the rare occasions where a roller-coaster malfunctions, with customers injured or worse, the band’s reputation could be tainted.'I'd hardly call that a risk. This whole 'test dummy' thing seems to be making everyone think that rollercoasters are dangerous.Anyway, I'm loving the new adverts, I was hoping to have something like the bike video, hopefully we'll get a few more ones similar to that!

I'm sorry, but I LOL'd when the guy was screaming at @00:30. XDI liked it, but it seemed very fake and unnatural. I would prepare if they went with the sudden attack like videos, it's more scary and comes across much better. Meh, still good for a internet teaser. :D

This really could work out well, just think how good the rock sound tracks were to films like Armageddon and Spiderman. Big action fims with a big action soundtrack. This is going to be a big action ride with loads of special effects, so lets wait and see if Thorpe have actually done something genius or not!

^Agreed about Saw's audio; not Thorpe's finest work.Going back to the 'News Reports' video; like that a lot. Really effective and it just...works. One question: are the parts with the reporters actually been filmed at Thorpe? Looking at the background, it looks possible?