THE SWARM: In The Media

Marc

As a song, it is alright I guess.But as the soundtrack to a theme park ride...It is just a no from me I am afraid to say.Personally I think music more like the 'Nemesis Inferno' soundtrack is more appropriate for the Swarm.But hey I can't say I am surprised and hopefully it is just the ride launch music rather than the music that will actually be playing in the park.

That's what I feared it would sound like, that's why I was being negative. I do hope it is not in any way near the queue line come opening.Maybe it's the new way of getting farcetrack sales; want to skip an hour of durge pumped into your ears? £6 please.

That's what I feared it would sound like, that's why I was being negative. I do hope it is not in any way near the queue line come opening.Maybe it's the new way of getting farcetrack sales; want to skip an hour of durge pumped into your ears? £6 please.

Nope they dumped it there wired it up and so forth to just move it somewhere else.EDIT:Lez is back!Posted Image

Just because You Me At Six has heavier and different music than the current mainstream, it doesn't mean that they will make a bad song for The Swarm. I also noticed that everyone suddenly was like 'Oh its You Me At Six, they sing like rock music- its gonna be ****'. Slightly unfair judgement.Well, I feel this way anyway as a YMAS fan, and it really irritates me when people automatically think that rock and alternative music is rubbish./rant

Just because You Me At Six has heavier and different music than the current mainstream, it doesn't mean that they will make a bad song for The Swarm. I also noticed that everyone suddenly was like 'Oh its You Me At Six, they sing like rock music- its gonna be ****'. Slightly unfair judgement.Well, I feel this way anyway as a YMAS fan, and it really irritates me when people automatically think that rock and alternative music is rubbish./rant

I don't think you quite grasp why people don't like this, its not because its Rock/Alternative, its because people want an ambient track that fits the ride, a rock song would just seem cheesy with a ride that really requires a dark, sinister ambient track.

Personally, the song reminds me of Lost Prophets more than anything...But, I don't think it would work in a theme park environment... Sometimes it does (Mirabilandia) but it either needs to be throughout the park, or not at all unless like with Amity Cove it is suitable...I'm being across the board here with every music genre... Aside from instrumental... Instrumental themes suit rides so well...Who knows, maybe the ride actually has dedicated music, and the whole YMAS connection is literally just a new form of PR (a decent avenue as well)...

I don't like it because I don't like the kind of music. In my profession that'd be a bit counter-productive. But still, I don't see it suiting the song unless, like Benin says, it's just a new form of PR. I desperately hope this doesn't appear in the queue. Who wants Franceschi's voice wailing at you in the queue-line?

Nope they dumped it there wired it up and so forth to just move it somewhere else.

I don't understand what your reply means?? Want to give me a clue?

Basically, he's saying they have put it next to the queueline to choke people so they buy fastrack.... but it's not even on the islands its at the base on depth charge. and I made a sarcastic comment basically saying why in gods name would they wire up and put it behind themed fencing to move again.